FS: Boosey and Co Pratten system flute 1891

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Charlie Skelton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Boosey and Co Pratten system flute 1891

Post by Charlie Skelton »

Boosey and Co., R.S Pratten;s perfected,serial number 13867 so C.1891. In cocus wood with nickel silver keys, cylindrical bore, lined head. Length overall 26 3/4", middle of embouchure to bottom of foot joint 22 3/4". Plays at a=445 with the head joint 1/2" out.

Condition is as follows: Head joint cracked but not through the embouchure. Middle joint in very good condition, all key work neat and clean and functioning well, the bottom tenon has two hairline cracks, these do not extend into the main body, the pads are old and seem to be a little leaky, the woodwork is crisp with no sensible wear. Foot joint, Eflat key has been broken off at some point ( the design of the flute means that if you undo the foot joint by turning it clockwise, the key impacts the siccama d key ) and a slightly clumsy but solid repair effected in probably rosewood, the slot is a little wide and the key wobbles about resulting in a variable leak, this would require attention if your playing uses this key. the tone is strong as would be expected.

I am selling this as I have no use for it and it's too nice to lay around. It comes in ( probably its original) mahogany fitted case with lock and key and will consider all reasonable offers.

PM me if you want further information.