Need help finding email

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Need help finding email

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm getting annoyed at my attempts to find someone's email. I'm trying to find an old friend but ever single site I've found ultimately links to the same 1 or 2 pay sites.
EVen the places that say they are free are not. Only the search is free. They really piss me off.
I know this information is out there and it costs nothing.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Charlene

Re: Need help finding email

Post by Charlene »

Have you tried looking up his phone # and/or physical address on someplace like 411.com, and then writing or calling him and asking for the e-mail then?
Charlene
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

facebook is trying to be the "internet white pages".
You're supposed to be able to look people up for
free there (if they're on there) and get the contacts
for them...
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

I take it that you are trying to find this character's email address, not just some email he sent you years ago and you've mislaid.

I would have said try Friends Reunited, but I'm not sure that even exists any more.
Linked-in Network?

The problem with these Contactor sites is people don't necessarily use their real names. Their email addresses are the way you find them. Not the other way around.

Various people have invited me to join a whole bunch of contactor sites. Most of them are a total waste of time, because nobody (bar one person) I know is on there.

On Myspace I have a few friends.
But MySpace's Musician contact site doesn't connect with the regular MySpace site. I can see the point, sort of, but it still seems stupid. A contactor site that doesn't contact?
On Facebook I have the greatest number of "friends"
Netlog - one
Tagged - two.
Bebo - one or two. It's more juvenile than Facebook. I can't tolerate it.
Wayn - one
Hi5 - they angered me by invading my addressbook, so I ignore them.

I found that if I looked for Telephone numbers for people in the U.S., they tended to be online. Find their number and ring 'em up!
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
avanutria
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I've had pretty good luck finding obscure things online; if you want PM me the info you have and I'll see if I can come up with anything..
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!