Gaita forums

The Wonderful World of ... Other Bagpipes. All the surly with none of the regs!
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Gaita forums

Post by anima »

Are there any forums out there dedicated to the gaita, Spanish, English, or any other language?

Jeff
LuifeSpain

Re: Gaita forums

Post by LuifeSpain »

I´m a suscriptor of L-GAITA, an spanish forum about galician and spanish bagpipes. In the past it was better but....You can ask all things that you want.

http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/l-gaita/

Also you can create www.gaitaforum.com. I will participate in it.
"Uno a uno, todos somos mortales; juntos, somos eternos." Francisco de Quevedo y Villegas (1580-1645)
anima

Post by anima »

Ok, so I went ahead and registered the domain www.gaitaforum.com and am building the site.

I have installed language packs for British English, American English, Spanish, Galego, Catalan, Valencia - not sure I need all those but since English is the common international language and Spanish (and its dialects) the language of the gaita, it makes sense to support them.

Jeff
anima

Post by anima »

If anyone is interested in being a moderator at the forum, please let me know by pm. :-)

Jeff
Yuri

Post by Yuri »

I'd say you certainly do not need separate English-American English. They are close enough to understand each other after only a few years' study of the other.
anima

Post by anima »

Yuri wrote:I'd say you certainly do not need separate English-American English. They are close enough to understand each other after only a few years' study of the other.

Oh, I know that, but I'm just having some fun playing around with the language localizations in the phpbb software. :D The forums should be up in a day or two (working on getting google translate function on the pages).

Jeff