C&F sound clip library

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chrisp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

C&F sound clip library

Post by chrisp »

Would It be possible to have a library of sound clips, posted by C&F whistle members?
I just thought it would be a good way of learning new tunes from each other, and to hear different styles of playing.
I have learned a great deal from fellow whistlers sound clips.
Any thoughts on this? And if so how it can be done?
After all, playing the whistle is what we are all about.
breqwas

Re: C&F sound clip library

Post by breqwas »

Moderators will tell you: "man, there's clips&snips forum for that"
Thats true, but there's something that stops me from posting there, don't know what :)
Rhadge

Post by Rhadge »

That would be possible with a box.net account. But it costs doe-doe (dough though).
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I don't understand. Does not the Clips and Snips satisfy the exact nature of the request? Members sharing their playing to see what different styles and whistles sound like? I don't post there either, mainly because I never feel confident enough in my playing, but that doesn't mean it's not suited perfectly for its job.

And BTW, shout out to Tony for managing it.
Jason Paul

Post by Jason Paul »

This came up in another thread, so I'll post here as well.

There's actually another site. Tony posts in the Clips & Snips forum when a tune is added to the other site. Go here:

http://www.tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm

You'll see the categories on the left (Jigs, Reels, Hornpipes, etc.). When someone submits a new tune, Tony posts here so we know something new has been added.

I've never posted one, and there may be more to it than that, but that's the gist of it.

Hope that helps,
Jason
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

Jason Paul wrote:This came up in another thread, so I'll post here as well.

There's actually another site. Tony posts in the Clips & Snips forum when a tune is added to the other site. Go here:

http://www.tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm

You'll see the categories on the left (Jigs, Reels, Hornpipes, etc.). When someone submits a new tune, Tony posts here so we know something new has been added.

I've never posted one, and there may be more to it than that, but that's the gist of it.

Hope that helps,
Jason
I didn't realize there was already this site, Thank you :oops: