The UPS dude...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
vaporlock
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by vaporlock »

The UPS tracking web site says that it's been sent out for delivery...3 hours ago! What's taking him so long? He's probably screwing off taking an early lunch. I wonder where he eats? Doesn't he know how important this is? He's probably driven within a quarter mile of my house three times already this morning...why doesn't he just drop it off? I'd better go check the front porch again. Still nothing. Does he always come to my house LAST on purpose? Hmmmm....maybe if I started tipping him. Is it proper to tip UPS divers? Why would I want to tip him?...I'm always LAST!! If I tip him even though I'm the last delivery, maybe I'd be his first delivery next time! Naw, that never works with the cocktail waitress. I'd better go check the front porch again. Damn. I need to get my mind off this, I think I'll check the C&F message board and see what's new. Hmmmm....Bloomfields back, I wonder where he was. That stinkin' ShannaQuay thread just won't die will it. Arghhh...not the LOTR pennywhistle thing again! Martin Milner is 36? For some strange reason I though that people in the UK were either under 25 or over 55. I'd better go check the front porch again. Grrrrr. I bet I could drive around until I find him. I could call the UPS office and have his van recalled...tell them it's like, a donor heart for transplanting or something. No, a heart wouldn't come in a mailing tube...that's it, a donor spinal column that needs to be delivered A.S.A.P. That's it!!! No, that's stupid. Better go check the front porch again...
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Dude! You don't know your local UPS driver's exact route yet?!? Pfft, amature.

Loren
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

O.K., O.K., you have my interest!!!What is it
that you are waiting for?
Lolly
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Hilarious, vaporlock.
DavidSchulz

Post by DavidSchulz »

I heard that UPS might be on strike..:0
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Yeah, I thought I heard that they were in Chapter 11 proceedings with all their undeliverable assets being seized and claimed as assets. I hope what you're waiting for wasn't that precious :smile:
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Yeah and they were auctioning off undelivered stuff at the UPS facility here in Richmond. Picked up a tube shaped thing with yer name on it. Probly just a calendar or something....
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

That's NOT EVEN funny David :evil: and the rest of you, too! You're gonna make me cry!

He's still not here, though. Maybe he got his truck stuck in the snow...

Lolly, I'm waiting for a whistle, what else? Does it matter which whistle? No. I go through this pathetic ritual every time I'm expecting a package whether it be a Walton's or an Overton. In this particular case, it's a Dixon wide bore low F from our friend Thom at The Whistle Shop. I ordered a blue anodized Overton low F from Brigitte and Colin. Then I realized that I would have to wait 6 weeks for it to arrive...yikes!! (an extremely short wait, I know) So I ordered the Dixon low F as a quick fix for my WhOA.

I like the way Michael Burke does it...stealth shipping. He waits for the exact moment when you know you're absolutely NOT going to be getting anything in the mail, and then BAM!

Better go check the front porch again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vaporlock on 2002-09-26 15:37 ]</font>
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Well, while all you folks were busy making fun of me, guess what? The UPS dude came. Neener-neener!

First impressions of a Dixon wide bore low F:
What a funny looking whistle...but what a blast to play! I sound like a steam powered calliope.
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

Ya that UPS tracking is a tease!!!

I am waiting for my overton from Colin.

It is driving me crazy as well!!!!!
lollycross

Post by lollycross »

I really KNEW it had to be another whistle. I just wanted to ask so that you had to type on the computer and have something besides going crazy to do for a minute.
A LOW F, how COOL!!!! (My only F is a recorder!!!! and it doesn't sound like
that!!!) GREAT!!!!
Lolly
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Guess I heard wrong :smile: Congratulations!

PR
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hey Vaporlock- I've just past the 2-years point in waiting for my Uilleann Pipes. I don't even think about it any more.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

If that's OK with everyone, then, I'll act 25 until I'm 55. I usually act my shoe size anyway, which is 9.

If I'm having them delivered by UPS, guess I'd better order my pipe and slippers right now so they'll arrive in plenty of time.

Ah well, back to my jigsaw puzzle. Anyone for a cup of Cocoa?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martin Milner on 2002-09-27 11:41 ]</font>