Clean as a whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MagicSailor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Clean as a whistle

Post by MagicSailor »

Hi

The question whether to polish whistles or not comes up here occasionally. For those who do like their whistle shiny, I have found a product that works very well and makes the job very easy. It's the Miracle Cloth by Buffalo Industries. I found it in a boat parts store, but it can also be found online.

Here it is:

I've used it on brass, aluminium and PVC whistles (as well as the brass ship's bell) with good results and very little elbowgrease. Searching for it online revealed a few similar products which may, or may not work just as well. This is the only one I tried.

Owen
dlovrien

Post by dlovrien »

I have used the "Sunshine Cloth" available on eBay with excellent results. Very similar product...
David Lovrien - 5 Second Rule & Trinity Hall Session Players - Dallas, TX
violinmyster

Post by violinmyster »

Glad to hear that these cloths work well for cleaning up whistles. There are a bunch of miracle cloths on ebay . Some with lemon oil and others with coconut oil. My question is.......do any of these oils bother the whistle finish in the long run?
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

Have you ever played a clear acrylic whistle? After a few seconds of playing, the bore is coated with a nice coating of condensation. The air has to bounce off this water coating.

It may be a good idea to wipe it down for hygienic purposes
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote:Have you ever played a clear acrylic whistle? After a few seconds of playing, the bore is coated with a nice coating of condensation. The air has to bounce off this water coating.

It may be a good idea to wipe it down for hygienic purposes
Or occasionally rinse it out?

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Daniel_Bingamon
antispam: No

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

peeplj wrote:Or occasionally rinse it out?
Definitely
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D