For Sale: Burke aluminum Pro Viper Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fluteboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

For Sale: Burke aluminum Pro Viper Low D

Post by fluteboy »

I have a 2004 Burke Pro Viper low D for sale. I recently acquired another low D and I have an MK on the way and I just just don't play the Burke much anymore. This lovely whistle needs a good home. Michael currently sells these for $280, I am asking $200 + postage. This has been a touring whistle, so it is not what I would call "mint" as far as the aesthetics go. It has been scratched and banged around a bit (and I have tried to show this in the pictures), but there are no major dings and plays as well as the day I bought it. I have used it on several recordings, and on stage with the likes of Eileen Ivers and Immigrant Soul, Oisre, John Doyle, The Border Collies, Rathkeltair, etc. It mics very well and has a great, warm, loud bottom end and very silky high octave. The tuning slide is a bit stuck at the moment, but is probably a matter of the O ring inside, and can be fixed with warm water and a washing (and I will wash and polish ever piece before sending out). The bottom section still slides in and out for tuning and detaches easily enough. It also has the handy third section which allows you to swivel the bottom hole depending on what grip you like to use. While I love Michael's high whistles, I have found that the low D just doesn't suit me. So I am offering this (slightly) used instrument up for sale. Ships from Los Angeles, CA.

Cheers,
Zac
Image[/img]
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

<SIGH> see pm
fluteboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fluteboy »

The whistle has sold.