Six Months Later....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Six Months Later....

Post by crookedtune »

My renovated third-floor "music room / studio" is finally finished! :) I reclaimed this room after about a decade of letting my two sons use it as their own escape and hangout. Believe me, it needed gutting, and that's what I did. New walls, new floor, new ceiling, new lighting....the whole bit. And it's great! (Hardly even smells like pot anymore).

Now the whole room is mine. Guitars, banjo, fiddle, mandolin --- all on stands. Flutes, fifes, whistles, harmonicas --- all in easy reach. Amps, recorders, PC-feeding-serious-stereo-system, mixer, mics --- all set up and ready when I am. This is the kind of setup I've been dreaming of since, maybe, the first moon-landing.

The best thing is that even my wife is happy. She's been tripping over this stuff since 1974! You wives out there with musician husbands, bless ya!

So, like, YAY!

:)
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
trill

six months later

Post by trill »

Great news!

So, will you be hosting any jams?
kennychaffin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kennychaffin »

Congratulations!

Sounds wonderful.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
Innocent Bystander

Re: six months later

Post by Innocent Bystander »

trill wrote:Great news!

Hosting jams? I thought most people kicked them out! :-?
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

That's cool. I have my own music/computer room and love it.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
crookedtune

Re: six months later

Post by crookedtune »

trill wrote:Great news!

I'll certainly have friends over to play, (already do). It being on the third floor makes it a bit inconvenient to have large groups traipsing in and out of. It's really more of a practice room, and an area where I can have all my stuff spread out without inconveniencing the family.

This was the first time I have ever had the luxury to design a room from scratch, optimized for its actual purpose. In fact, the design work itself was very exciting! :) And of course, in gathering my cr*p together, I found dozens of books, CDs and trinkets I completely forgot I owned. Time to stop buying stuff! :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

I have/had a similar room, and discovered to my dismay that it really makes things a whole lot easier for burglars. If you haven't done so already, may I suggest you consider adding some sort of security system for your treasure room.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.