oh the truth hurts!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

oh the truth hurts!!

Post by flanum »

Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

Yes, poor Santa.
He died when trying to visit the millions and millions of homes of good Christian children in one day. After having invented the flying reindeer who could run at close to the speed of light, he forgot to invent a protective suit that could stand the G-forces around 3000 x gravity and the 10 000 degrees of heat created by the drag of the thousands of tons of Christmas presents traveling trough the atmosphere at the speed of light... RIP

(anyone remember and have a link to that site where all the facts are?)
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Henke wrote:Yes, poor Santa.
He died when trying to visit the millions and millions of homes of good Christian children in one day. After having invented the flying reindeer who could run at close to the speed of light, he forgot to invent a protective suit that could stand the G-forces around 3000 x gravity and the 10 000 degrees of heat created by the drag of the thousands of tons of Christmas presents traveling trough the atmosphere at the speed of light... RIP

(anyone remember and have a link to that site where all the facts are?)
Disproving the existence of Santa. What could be fun and more of an intellectual challenge?
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Since Santa is dead, everything is discounted.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Wombat wrote:Since Santa is dead, everything is discounted.
Yes. I'm looking forward to scoring some bargains.
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

That pic is hilarious! :lol:
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

I like this one too. :D

Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

That's just WRONG! You are all very disturbed people. :evil:
Cotelette d'Agneau
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

That's so funny... hahah... not.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Fear not, children! Santa's not dead! NORAD's already preparing to track his journey on Christmas Eve!

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/home.htm

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Anstapa

Post by Anstapa »

NORAD may be tracking him but the Home Land Security still wants him to have a passport if he is flying into the United States, if he isn't already on a no fly list. Now if he was to land in say Windsor, Ontario Canada and wants to drive the reindeer and sleigh through the tunnel or over the bridge then all he needs is a valid photo id and birth certificate from the country he is leaving.

Anstapa
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

For you naysayers out there, (Annie, Lamby), let me explain.

The pictures are actually "Photoshops". That is, someone took a picture of a child crying, (a common enough occurance for little ones), and by the use of sophisticated computer banks transplanted those images onto another image giving the impression that the child was suffering as a result of the background image. No children were injured or mentally unbalanced in the making of the images.
The quality of subsequent image depends on the ability of the "Photoshopper" to cut the child image from it's original context using a technique called "feathering". Too much feathering will leave a fuzzy area around the original cut image. Too little will leave a hard line around the image.
The other technique, of equal importance, is the lighting of the subjects. Matching the lights and shadows between the images are of utmost importance in convincing the viewer.
Mastery of these two techniques alone will give the viewers hours of pleasure.

Thank you.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Flyingcursor wrote:For you naysayers out there, (Annie, Lamby), let me explain.

The pictures are actually "Photoshops". That is, someone took a picture of a child crying, (a common enough occurance for little ones), and by the use of sophisticated computer banks transplanted those images onto another image giving the impression that the child was suffering as a result of the background image. No children were injured or mentally unbalanced in the making of the images.
The quality of subsequent image depends on the ability of the "Photoshopper" to cut the child image from it's original context using a technique called "feathering". Too much feathering will leave a fuzzy area around the original cut image. Too little will leave a hard line around the image.
The other technique, of equal importance, is the lighting of the subjects. Matching the lights and shadows between the images are of utmost importance in convincing the viewer.

Thank you.
I know that. I still don't find them funny.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

anniemcu wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:For you naysayers out there, (Annie, Lamby), let me explain.

Thank you.
I know that. I still don't find them funny.
I knew you knew this but I enjoy being snarky.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Snarky.

Now, that's funny.

T
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.