Noah's Ark flood spurred European farming

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Denny
antispam: No

Noah's Ark flood spurred European farming

Post by Denny »

An ancient flood some say could be the origin of the story of Noah's Ark may have helped the spread of agriculture in Europe 8,300 years ago by scattering the continent's earliest farmers, researchers said on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceN ... 5420071118
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

As a Merovingian, of the Clovis sect, I think this may violate my religious beliefs. I'm not sure which one, exactly. I'll let you know just as soon as I can cobble one together from whatever quick online research I can perform. That and a novel or two.

Be prepared.
Cotelette d'Agneau
peeplj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by peeplj »

Lambchop wrote:As a Merovingian, of the Clovis sect, I think this may violate my religious beliefs. I'm not sure which one, exactly. I'll let you know just as soon as I can cobble one together from whatever quick online research I can perform. That and a novel or two.

Be prepared.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pardon me as I put on my best Arkansas drawl and inquire thusly:

Ewe're a whut?

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Lambchop wrote:As a Merovingian, of the Clovis sect, I think this may violate my religious beliefs. I'm not sure which one, exactly. I'll let you know just as soon as I can cobble one together from whatever quick online research I can perform. That and a novel or two.

Be prepared.
Why, Lambie, I had no idea you were a calligraphy enthusiast. Or were remotely interested in the works of Saki. I can only remember one story involving an ark, though, and that was in the nursery, even if the ark did get painted blood red.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

I could not help but notice that not one single person has stopped to consider how offensive this thread is to people who suffer from agriphobia. Surely a moderator will be by soon to lock this thread for the sake of those among us who are rurally challenged.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Innocent Bystander wrote:

Be prepared.
Why, Lambie, I had no idea you were a calligraphy enthusiast. Or were remotely interested in the works of Saki. I can only remember one story involving an ark, though, and that was in the nursery, even if the ark did get painted blood red.
Calligraphy is against my religion. We don't use any form of decorative writing, because it is frivolous. The Clovis sect split from the original Merovingians over this very issue. That and the fact they kept conducting services in garden sheds. Gardens are frivolous, too.

Don't expect to find a website explaining this. There aren't any.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Denny

Post by Denny »

Lambchop wrote:As a Merovingian, of the Clovis sect, I think this may violate my religious beliefs. I'm not sure which one, exactly.
bit before your time, wasn't it old girl? :wink:
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

E-I-E-I-O :P
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

TFA wrote:The researchers believe these people took their skills to new areas previously populated by hunters and gatherers where there had been no evidence of farming, Turney said.
Not likely, according to modern anthropological thought about the origins of agriculture. More likely is that the population shift caused a sudden spike in European demographic pressure, giving them a reason to take up agriculture, which they were certainly already capable of. I'll spare you guys the intimate (that is, tedious) detail. Just understand that the whole invention/diffusion model has been defunct for decades.

Interesting article. Just wish they'd talked to an anthropologist/ethnobotanist first. 8)
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
djm

Post by djm »

cowtime wrote:E-I-E-I-O
IB wrote:Heretics!
Heretics, theretics, everywhere a tics, tics ....

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.