excomunication of forum members

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Davy Stephenson

excomunication of forum members

Post by Davy Stephenson »

Since the removal of reedman only a few hours ago, another username has slid back into contention from a lengthy hibernation without a hitch, check out the last and most recent posting of this person and you will see there is an uncanny connection here.

Another forum member who knew reedman personally has also contacted the moderators and has also verified what I have suspected for years, flesh and bones living proof guys.

Am I soft in the head or something that this kind of behavior should be left unpunished, why should this person be allowed to fool us all for all this time and get away with it, would you like to work with or employ such a person on the grounds of hiding a lieing to the general public.

Notice how I have never named anyone directly here, if the same and one person replies to this posting in defence then they must have a guilty conscience I think, if that's what they call themselves ??.

How on earth can one trust such a person, who has never contributed towads any thread whatsoever, the only thing ever mention the whole time was , I wouldn't do it this way or that and never answering to anyone who asked for a finer description of what they said beforehand, in other words they ain't got a clue what they are talking about.

I have had many private messages about this person saying the same things as I am now, but are still allowed to spout off uncouthed uselessnesses continually, its time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Sorry for spouting off here, but some things needed saying.
Last edited by Davy Stephenson on Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dionys
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dionys »

Since it's not a pipemaker and you're offering an opinon, why don't you just name the person you're talking about so we don't have to guess. Otherwise it's just kind of overly dramatic and I'm going to have to picture you dressed in black velvet bitching about how everyone's so conformist except you and your friends who all dress in black and listen to Marylyn Manson.

:)

Dionys
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.
Davy Stephenson

[quote="Dionys"]Since it's not a pipemaker and you're offering an opinon, why don't you just name the person you're talking about so we don't have to guess. Otherwise it's just kind of overly dramatic and I'm going to have to picture you dressed in black velvet bitching about how everyone's so conformist except you and your friends who all dress in black and listen to Marylyn Manson.

:)

Dionys[/quote]

I don't need to Dionys the spelling mistakes and the use of emoticons say it all, it could be a wanabe pipemaker, ask the moderators they know who it is, but allow them to continue regardless.
I like the bit about dressed in black though, but I would have thought more along the lines of Ninja out for revenge.

Davy.
Murphdasurf
antispam: No

Post by Murphdasurf »

It's not me is it?

Really, I just started posting here. Promise.

Sorry, Davy, couldn't resist!

Just wanted to take the time to thank you
for your efforts in getting me the chanter
as quickly as you did. I have a friend
being deployed to Iraq and I wanted to
get a practice set as soon as possible to
try and learn a few notes so I could send
him off in style. I know, cheesy Hallmark
stuff. But, true story none the less. Davy and
CJ Dixon both delivered beautiful work in
the specified time frames.

On a lark I tried the chanter along with the
famous Ennis "God of Piping" vid on U-tube.
It was spot on. Well, as spot on as my currently
crappy skills will allow.

For what it's worth, thanks again!

Murph
Legend tells of a legendary piper
who's skills were the stuff of....LEGEND!
Davy Stephenson

[quote="Murphdasurf"]It's not me is it?

Really, I just started posting here. Promise.

Sorry, Davy, couldn't resist!

Just wanted to take the time to thank you
for your efforts in getting me the chanter
as quickly as you did. I have a friend
being deployed to Iraq and I wanted to
get a practice set as soon as possible to
try and learn a few notes so I could send
him off in style. I know, cheesy Hallmark
stuff. But, true story none the less. Davy and
CJ Dixon both delivered beautiful work in
the specified time frames.

On a lark I tried the chanter along with the
famous Ennis "God of Piping" vid on U-tube.
It was spot on. Well, as spot on as my currently
crappy skills will allow.

For what it's worth, thanks again!

Murph[/quote]

No problem glad to be of service, no problem at all, I had yours and do have many other pitches in stock.
Whoops better be careful I might be accused of self promotion.

Davy.
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

I personally think it's gutless to hide behind a "user name".

Persons of character ought to consider using their real name or at least enough of their name to be identified.

Having your name and a photo of yourself is even more open and honest. Ie "Big Davey".

Or, make it clear thorough multiple posts who they are. ie...Our own beloved "reedbiter" is David Boisvert and he makes no effort to conceal that. I have no problem with that. His user name becomes a humorous nickname not a shield to his identity.

I weary of the weasels. What is the worth of the opinion of someone that has so much to hide?

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Davy Stephenson

weed them out

Now you know and begin to hear what I'm trying to say, soner or later these guys will mess up again and are or think they are safe to do and say what they like behind the big mystery screen.

The big uilleann mystery has been with us all for decades/millenia now and is no different here on this forum, but not any more, the trouble makers must get some kind of kick out of things like this and scorn the term when they trashed by someone, Mr O Conner being one name that comes to mind.

I second the real name scenario, come on you guys the throuble makers, lets here your real names what have you got to hide, Mr Hacker is another.
Martin Milner

Re: excomunication of forum members

Post by Martin Milner »

Davy Stephenson wrote:who has never contributed towards any thread whatsoever...
Davy, with 2 months on the board and 11 posts, four in this thread alone, you're not exactly an established pillar of the community yet.

I'd be more ready to accept your complaints at face value if you'd been posting longer and had contributed more - as have the moderators.

Meantime I'm prepared to accept that they are using their judgement wisely, are watching the suspect, and will expel them if it it is necessary.

Simply being unhelpful, loudmouthed and stupid is not sufficient grounds for expulsion, or there's be a lot fewer people posting on C&F.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Davy Stephenson

Re: excomunication of forum members

[quote="Martin Milner"][quote="Davy Stephenson"]who has never contributed towards any thread whatsoever...[/quote]

Davy, with 2 months on the board and 11 posts, four in this thread alone, you're not exactly an established pillar of the community yet.

I'd be more ready to accept your complaints at face value if you'd been posting longer and had contributed more - as have the moderators.

Meantime I'm prepared to accept that they are using their judgement wisely, are watching the suspect, and will expel them if it it is necessary.

Simply being unhelpful, loudmouthed and stupid is not sufficient grounds for expulsion, or there's be a lot fewer people posting on C&F.[/quote]

True words but

I have been a member before under my business name and was treated the same back then, this time is just the same, all I'm trying to put across as civil as I can is it is not aceptable to be picked out in this way.

One person is quite enough, but when confronted by the same person using two different names well I tell you.

Didn't your teacher always tell to you say the names of your bullies, so it could stop.

Admittedly I have only a few postings under my name, I have been using the PM route for quite some time, and soon as I contribute with any information which is useful it all starts again, innocent party comes to
mind.

If you don't belive me, Talk with the moderators more about this and you will be wiser tomorrow.
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

I believe I can help Davy a bit wi this one way back when (well Dec 2002 )I became embroiled in a to do wi Davy and it became very unpleasant for all concerned.
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ght=#79908
Snide comments etc can be very damaging thats why it is essential to be very sure of your ground when ye tread on it.Davy was kinda the 3rd party back then but it looks like he is becoming the 2nd party on this one !
I hope it becomes resolved quickly and allow Davy to move on.
Slán Agat
Uilliam
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Doc Jones wrote:I personally think it's gutless to hide behind a "user name".
...said Nanohedron to the computer screen. :wink:

First off, let me say - in all good regard to you all - that I don't have to explain myself, my fellow moderators, or our capacity to anyone, but sometimes it's a good thing in case there's an issue like this one.

Anyway, as to multiple accounts, they are expressly forbidden. It's in the rules for all to see (and is not the same as resuming a dissolved membership under another account, or changing one's username with permission under the same account). Once multiple accounts are ferreted out, normally what I do is just deactivate or eliminate the accounts but one, and I may or may not care to bother to let the person behind it all know about it. It's not like they deserve a notification. Tit just as well deserves tat, in that case. In the name of the milk of human kindness, usually the mods give the offender a chance to clean up his or her act, but I don't have to do jack, nor is any mod required to; in the face of a board violation, courtesy is rendered an option and due no one, and I'm not much given to care except for that the moderators as a group prefer to behave with restraint. Still and all, sometimes summary deactivation of an account with extreme prejudice makes my day, and all I need is an excuse. Believe it, people.

Now as to the present subject, let us let it publicly die the death for now, and conduct any further discussions on it in private. Sleep well knowing that your mods are on the job and keeping an eye out. Think of us as a sort of collective Balor. :wink: