The Northeast Whislt Gathering Thread Migrated to the PUB

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

The Northeast Whislt Gathering Thread Migrated to the PUB

Post by Tom Dowling »

It is here, but I don't know how or why:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=50629

I think we need to bring it back here, where folks are accustomed to seeing it, for the next few days....

Tom D.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Let's see...the thread's not about whistles or whistling or activities or accessories with whistlers in mind, particularly. So, being of general interest, it's really Pub material. And at this point the thread already has five pages, so it's not like people don't know about it. But if you feel the need to direct people to it from here, this thread can be left up and those who want to can bump it if they like.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lyn D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lyn D »

Nanahedron,

I have posted on this thread, and I'm going to the North East Whistle Gathering for the first time. I could not find the thread yesterday. If someone else wants to join us, and can't find the thread, they'll miss out on a wonderful day of whistling. I don't see how you can say "it's not about whistles, whistling or activities with whistlers in mind". The purpose of this thread is explicitly for whistles, and is explicitly about whistles and whistlers. This gathering is about whistlers getting together, whistling together, trying out all the different whistles, guiding new whistlers, etc.. There are only 4 days until the whistle gathering.
Please don't make someone miss out on any needed last-minute information, or have to jump all over the forum to find it.

Please put this thread back under "whistle forum" where everyone can find it and where it belongs.

Regards,
Lyn D
RamblDoc

N.E.W.G. Announcement of Hours

Post by RamblDoc »

Attention: All attenders of NEWG 2007

DATE:-----July 29th

Visiting Hours for Sunday's Gathering:

OPEN FOR ARRIVALS: anytime after 11:00 a.m.

CLOSING: early Evening

PLACE: 32 S.Maple Street, Hazardville, CT
[ property of the Sweet family ]

Miscellaneous information---
1. Tables and chairs are provided on-site. No need to bring a lawn chair. Indoor space is available in case of rain.
2. Cool swimming spot in the Scantic River right there!!
3. Bring whistles, music, music stands, other instruments to show, share, play.
4. Live music. There will be plenty of opportunity to play your whistles, if you have the urge. For all levels of ability. Whistle accompaniment provided by guitar, mandolin(s), flute(s), perhaps fiddle and more. If you wish to play accompanied, get ready; (hint) the guitar player is likely to do a better job if you let him borrow your sheet music showing the chord charts. Don't have sheet music(?), don't worry, though, he can improvise. We want to hear you do your favorite stuff on your favorite instrument.

Stay tuned on this and other applicable threads for any more developments.

It's getting close, Lloyd
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lyn D wrote:I don't see how you can say "it's not about whistles, whistling or activities with whistlers in mind". The purpose of this thread is explicitly for whistles, and is explicitly about whistles and whistlers. This gathering is about whistlers getting together, whistling together, trying out all the different whistles, guiding new whistlers, etc.
No, it's not. It's for musicians. Certainly whistlers will be there.
Lyn D wrote:There are only 4 days until the whistle gathering.
Please don't make someone miss out on any needed last-minute information, or have to jump all over the forum to find it.

Please put this thread back under "whistle forum" where everyone can find it and where it belongs.

Regards,
Lyn D
So long as this thread is here, no need. The other one doesn't "belong" here according to how it was presented. But here's an alternative: take it up with Dale. If he agrees that it can go back to the Whistle Forum, I won't object at all, and fair play to you along with my best regards.

But how onerous is it to nip on over to the Pub to read the thread? And a link has been provided here, too.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

This is the Northeast Whistle Gathering, which has traditionally been posted here and which is still the first site many (including me) go to. I don't usually get into these - but give it a break guy; how silly is it to remove this thread, really solidly connected to whistles by name and substance, to another subsite?

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

PhilO wrote:This is the Northeast Whistle Gathering, which has traditionally been posted here and which is still the first site many (including me) go to. I don't usually get into these - but give it a break guy; how silly is it to remove this thread, really solidly connected to whistles by name and substance, to another subsite?

Philo
Sorry, PhilO. The header says "Northeast Chiff and Fipple Gathering". I'm just going by what I'm given to work with. If you want, we can change the header and bring it back. I've no problem with that.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

There. Done, and done. Cheers. :)
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Nanohedron wrote:There. Done, and done. Cheers. :)
Thanks for the understanding Nano, and sorry for the miscommunication.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

PhilO wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:There. Done, and done. Cheers. :)
Thanks for the understanding Nano, and sorry for the miscommunication.

Philo
No problem. I'm afraid I'm pretty literal-minded at times, but so long as there's no harm done, it made for a bit of excitement in the cozy Whistle Forum, didn't it. :wink:
Denny

Post by Denny »

...been lurkin' on the pipe forum, they have :wink:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Denny wrote:...been lurkin' on the pipe forum, they have :wink:
Yeesh. Don't even start.
Lyn D

Post by Lyn D »

Communication is a great thing! Thanks, Nano. :-)

Regards,
Lyn
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!!

Post by Tom Dowling »

I really ran into a buzz-saw at work today and was not looking forward to the (for me) inevitable) "weighing in" on the re-positioning of the thread. I am glad that cooler heads, such as those of Philo & Nano, have prevailed. I spent most of the day wailing on contractors who deserved wailing on, and will admit that I was still full of vinegar when I walked in the door tonight. It is likely that I would have been overly strident about the re-positioning of the thread, for I am one very unpleasant person to be around when I think I am right. (Fortunately, I am rarely right, so folks don't get to see that side of me all that often!!)

Congrats on us all. I very much look forward to Sunday. I appreciate more than ever the importance of the message board and the hard work done by the moderators to keep it moving.

Now that Paul has indicated that he will, unfortunately, not be able to attend, is it possible that the event be visited by another fine whistle maker? Only the Shadow knows for sure....

Thanks all,

Tom D.
slowair

Post by slowair »

Who you callin' a Shadow?

:D