About Bleazey high D whistles in applewood/boxwood & Tra

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
manu.bande
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

About Bleazey high D whistles in applewood/boxwood & Tra

Post by manu.bande »

Hi everybody

yesturday night I viseted the kerrywhistles website and I watched the video about the applewood Bleazey D high whistle , it sound so nice !!!

So this morning I did wake up with a strange desire : to get one of thouse beauty , not that really I need more whistles , in fact I have already enough whistles at home , but... well I think I'm again in trouble with that kind of psychosis that some of you call whoa !

Now the situation is like this , I'm thinking about the applewood with that sweet sound or perhaps a boxwood one , it also should have a very nice sound but maybe possible that is louder then the applewood one !

I would really appreciate if any of you wich own one of thouse whistles could give me some little comments about them , thank's in advance !

I have also an idea , well , at least I'll try it ...
I'm thinking about a trade if possible , I have an Alba Q1 ( normally it cost new 100 Euro/ 114 USD) and a Dixon 2 pcs Polymer with brass tuning slide ( new at 42 Euro/ 47 USD) whistle , both high D, I've bought them from Big Whistle UK few months ago , the Q1 is in perfect conditions , I can say that it still new because I've played it just couple of times and then decided it that is not my kind of whistle , and the Dixon has been played a lot but it still in very good conditions.
They're both very nice whistles but of course I'd be very happy to trade them for one of thouse Bleazey Apllewood High D !

I'm not sure if I'll ever find someone that is interested in this trade , I should also point out that the total value of both whistles is about 100 Pounds and the value of just a Bleazey High D is 120 , so there is about 20 pounds difference ,
but you know ... try do not hurt

If someone is interested , please send a pm !

Manuel
patrickh

Post by patrickh »

On the page you mentioned (see link below) on the Kerrywhistles site are actually two reviews of Applewood whistles. One is the Phil Bleazey High D (if you watch the video you will see that the Bleazey he is playing is made out of applewood).

http://www.kerrywhistles.com/dl.php?group=19#

Above that video on the page is another review video just labeled "Applewood High D". In the video, he plays a very lovely but very quiet D in applewood but does not name the maker of that whistle, he just calls it the Applewood whistle.

Does anyone know who makes that whistle just referred to as the "Applewood High D". It has a lovely quiet character and I would like to get one.

Thanks,
Patrick
LoLo

Post by LoLo »

manu.bande

Post by manu.bande »

Hi

thank's for the informations Patrick and Lolo ,
I've watched both videos and I like very much also the unnamed applewood whistle , perhaps is a Bleazey earlier version or experiment ?!?!

Manuel
Steamwalker
antispam: No

Post by Steamwalker »

cavefish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Post by cavefish »

it looks like a swayne -------but i wrote phil awhile back -and no ones knows for sure
manu.bande

Post by manu.bande »

Steamwalker and Cavefish thank's for the the additional informations !

Well... ,so now I guess we'll never know who's the maker of that nice and sweet applewood whistle !?!?

:cry: