Salvage Job

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

tick the box that most suits you

I vow with talasiga
5%
I vow without talasiga
5%
I will not vow
50%
What is ANZAC DAY?
18%
the topic contains "Vietnam" and should be banished
23%

Total votes: 22

talasiga
antispam: No

Salvage Job

Post by talasiga »

It hasn't passed us without notice (some of us) that the Pub Forum and a certain other unmentionable and currently unapparent arena attracted greater readership and postings than the aggregrate of many of the music related forums in this place.

I have vowed to do my bit to turn the tide around and henceforth will endeavour to post and interact less here than in the musical forums.

Just before undertaking this vow I audited my post composition. Currently about 1850 of my 2666 or so posts have occurred in the music forums. Believe it or not, the occurrences have largely been deliberate on my part and not freak accidents. I think this works out at about 69% which I think is a very good figure :boggle: , double entendres aside. (BTW I am not really a 69 sort of person).

That some of my antagonists cannot see the nexus between certain of my posts in the musical forums and music is more a commentary on them than it is on my occurrences. You may note that even my signature has the word "music" in it and it occurs in sentence of excellent syntax, a sentence with 3/2/2/2 pattern.

I would hope that some others may join me in this endeavour. The musical score must and will predominate!

You may think my venture futile but I remind you, it is ANZAC DAY here and I am old enough to have been almost medically examined for drafting into the Vietnam War. All parties may thank Mr Whitlam that such occurrence did not eventuate.
I commend this project. Even narcissistic types may undertake
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

I am not vowing because I don't really understand what is being vowed.
pipersgrip
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

sorry, i dont understand. :-?
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
djm

Post by djm »

I don't think we are supposed to understand. Tal is well capable of making himself understood when he wants to.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I am a little unclear on one item regarding this topic, so I simply must ask, "from which plane of existence am I supposed to be voting vote from?"
emmline

Post by emmline »

If I may...
Post more about music than about random what-have-you.
What say you?

(Btw, I said I would not vow...I'm most boring when it comes to music. How many people want to read a post in which I say:
"This morning I played Sheebeg Sheemor on my fiddle. I was bad. But not as bad as I was on Ashokan Farewell. Then I played them on my Alba Bb. I was less bad. The end."?)
missy

Post by missy »

just because a post is in the pub, doesn't mean it's not about music - take a look at the thread going now.............

Records on Which the 'Featured Artist' Doesn't Appear

Accidental Busking

Lawsuit over music

digital recording questions
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I will not vow. The list on my screen shows that of the forty-six threads which have experienced activity since my last visit only eleven are located in the Pub. There aren't many active threads in the Poli/Con Forum. It is Pub conversation of an entertaining variety which seems endangered to a degree unparalleled during my happy time here. Certainly our raisonne d'existence is the continued flourishing of the various music forums, and I endeavor to do my part by welcoming new whistle players to the Whistle Forum, but I have.....*voice grows husky here*..... needs....which must be met, and neither mine nor those of others will be met by my attempting to give advice concerning banjo strings.
What is ANZAC Day?
ANZAC Day - 25 April - is probably Australia's most important national occasion. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as ANZACs, and the pride they soon took in that name endures to this day.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

I get it, and I was actually in the draft lottery for Viet**m. Fortunately, that's as far as that nonsense went.

I'm a "no- vower", though. I'm pretty sure that would have been Ezra Pound's choice. I do try to hang in the musical forums more than here, though.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
djm

Post by djm »

I believe it is the constant repetition on the music forums of the same few topics being re-introduced by every second newbie that drives me to the Pub for a bit of silliness to relieve the boredom. My inability to spell, type correctly, or to express myself adequately in modern English just seems to propel the conversations here further.

I have already taken a vow never to take a vow, so .... :D

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Denny

Post by Denny »

well said djm!

let us, please, keep the new whistlers in the whistle forum.
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

No vow for you.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I thought this was a thread about my unfortunate haircut.
Cotelette d'Agneau
CHasR

Post by CHasR »

djm wrote:I believe it is the constant repetition on the music forums of the same few topics being re-introduced by every second newbie that drives me to the Pub for a bit of silliness to relieve the boredom. My inability to spell, type correctly, or to express myself adequately in modern English just seems to propel the conversations here further.

I have already taken a vow never to take a vow, so .... :D

djm
I'm wit hy ou !@ pass th eprozac! :P
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote: "This morning I played Sheebeg Sheemor on my fiddle. I was bad.
:lol: I played the same one on my whistle. I was bad as well.
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.