Letter from David Boisvert

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
reedbiter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Letter from David Boisvert

Post by reedbiter »

Hiya everyone,

Due to my health problems as of late I've had to make a pretty tough decision in regards to my instruments. I've sent out a notice to a number of my customers, some of whom I have been unable to contact. So I'm posting a copy of the notice on my website for those that are interested in my whistlemaking / health status.

I thought it would be best to keep it off the public forum. However, I'd like to publicly thank all of those who have wished me well and raised a prayer for my health and my family. You have no idea the impact that has had on this poor tired out soul of mine. Thank you and God Bless.

David A. Boisvert
www.greenwoodpipes.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

This is pretty distressing. I wish you the very best. As I have been considering ordering a whistle from you, I know I would appreciate the update had I already done so.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

When the docs say 'surgery' I've learned to say
'second opinion.' This has spared me
considerable trouble. There is a lot of unnecessary surgery
and its aftermath.

These things do tend to work out, finally, though
it may take years. Good luck, best wishes, Jim
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

God bless david, he is so talented in what he does and a real nice man. i really hope that i have the honor one day to own one of his whistles. please get better, it is horrible to suffer through pain like that.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Hi, David.

I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. Hang in there, please. There are a lot of people hereabouts who wish you well.

I went through a health crisis about 15 years ago that took away my ability to use any of the skills I'd accrued over my working life to that point. I can relate very well to what you say about how hard that is to deal with. I did eventually recover much of what I'd lost, and I'm sure you will too.

Best wishes,
Jerry
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Lots of prayers for you here
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I did not order whistle at you, David, but I wish all better and a sound health! Let at you all will be good!
Happy whistling!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Be well, David. You are a fantastic whistle maker, so get back on your feet soon, my friend. Praying for you here.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

David,

So sorry to hear about your troubles!

I wish the best of luck and health to you, and the best of luck and skill to your doctors. I hope you have a full recovery.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Always bad to hear that one of our own is suffering.

The loss of one of us makes our community that much poorer.

Get better soon.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
tomcat
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

God's speed in your recovery! i love your whistles!!
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

David and family,
I was sorry to get the email from you about your setback, actually series of setbacks. I was hesitant to put it on a public forum since your health issues are your business but I am glad you did so you can see how much your work is appreciated. Hopefully this will be an inspiration to overcome and persevere. You and your work are much admired.
Kurt
reedbiter

thanks everybody..

Post by reedbiter »

Thanks again for everyone's kind words. I had a 4 hour long MRI on Friday...yikes but those things are LOUD. But according to the tech I was the stillest he's ever seen a patient. He was amazed I could do it for so long. Heh...at the start he was VERY concerned that I had been sent in for so many seperate scans. Either way, the MRIs were apparently very clear. The tech said that even he* could see that I had at least some sort of issue with a pinched nerve in my neck and possibly some sort of ligament tearing in my arm.

I am NOT* giving up whistle making. But I won't be taking orders any more. As I rcover I'll be focusing on my pipemaking and playing. As time and health permit I will occasionally produce whistles. These will first be offerred to the customers who were previously on my waiting list. Once that list is satisfied, then they'll be made available to the general public.

Thanks again everyone...it's a battle, and it feels like I'm losing. Feels rather like that scene from Tolkien where the battle at Helm's Deep is nearly lost...right before the cavalry appears on the hill at sunrise...now I'm just waiting for the sunrise...

Happy Easter..the Son HAS risen
AlonE

Post by AlonE »

I wish much luck and quick improvement you!!!

greetings! from Chile