Important mead advice

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Caj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Important mead advice

Post by Caj »

If you're going to drink mead, do not wash your hands with Irish Spring (tm) brand soap.

If you serve mead at a dinner party and you have this brand of soap, keep it out of the bathroom.

For the two together smell exactly like a urinal cake. That is all.

Caj
hyldemoer

Re: Important mead advice

Post by hyldemoer »

Caj wrote:
Irish Spring (tm) soap doesn't need mead to smell like urinal cake.
It comes that way.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

hyldemoer wrote:
Caj wrote:
Irish Spring (tm) soap doesn't need mead to smell like urinal cake.
It comes that way.
No, no, NO. Urinal mints I have known have a sweetish component to their scent that a bar of Irish Spring alone wouldn't have.

Irish Spring.......begorrah. Y'know, Caj, if I want to smell "Irish", I have a bottle of Tullamore Dew for that. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
emmline

Post by emmline »

but...but...what about that jaunty theme song that sounds vaguely like Scotland the Brave even though it's not? What about the guy that slices off a hunk of soap revealing that the Irishy green streaks are not merely surface ornamentation? What about how it's manly, yes, but I like it too??
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

In my mind, Irish Spring commercials and Lucky Charms commercial are all confused and mashed-up.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Dale wrote:In my mind, Irish Spring commercials and Lucky Charms commercial are all confused and mashed-up.
Irish Spring is magically delicious.

Lucky Charms: Manly, yes, but I like them, too.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Here's one of the ways I amuse myself when dining at a fine restaurant (the kind where the food isn't wrapped in paper and they give you a real napkin).

Go to restroom.

On your return, pick up napkin and pretend to dry hands.

Announce in a low voice just loud enough that only the people sitting next to you can hear, as if you are talking to your self --

"Damn urinal cakes were upside down again."
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

gonzo914 wrote:Here's one of the ways I amuse myself when dining at a fine restaurant (the kind where the food isn't wrapped in paper and they give you a real napkin).

Go to restroom.

Announce in a low voice just loud enough that only the people sitting next to you can hear, as if you are talking to your self --

Note: Though this strategy is intended for men, it would probably have a nice added bit of surrealism if performed by a woman.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
djm

Post by djm »

I'm afraid I'm not following the topic of this thread at all. I have never encountered a urinal mint that tasted like Irish Spring soap, but then again, I have never rubbed myself with green marshmallows for luck, either. :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
emmline

Post by emmline »

A good new Irish Spring marketing strategy would be to package them in urinal cake hangers, and instruct customers to mount them on the shower wall in just the right spot that you can do a backbend while kissing the Blarney Irish Spring Urinal Cake Soap.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Caj wrote:If you're going to drink mead, do not wash your hands with Irish Spring (tm) brand soap.

If you serve mead at a dinner party and you have this brand of soap, keep it out of the bathroom.

Caj

:lol: :lol: :lol:

... but wait a minute, is there something wrong with the sensuous aroma of a urinal cake?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I am allergic to strong-smelling deoderant soaps, as well as industrial-strength under-arm deoderants. Irish Spring is an especially bad offender, although visually I like the looks of it. One of my worst fears is that I am going to buy an expensive ticket for a concert, and just before the performance begins, someone reeking of perfume or deoderant will sit down beside me. The first thing that I do when I enter a performance hall is to plan an exit strategy in case this should occur. Trans-Atlantic flights have me worried for the same reason. I am planning a trip to Ireland in June, but I can do without the Irish Spring on the way, thank you.

My mother, may she rest in peace, thought that it was a terrific idea to place little bars of perfume and deoderant soap throughout the house. After my father's death, I was in charge of cleaning out the house where our family had lived for fifty years. I ended up with three large grocery bags filled with bars of soap, much of it Irish Spring. The neighbor lady was quite happy to take them off my hands, I might add. I couldn't get the soapy smell out of the house, however.
djm

Post by djm »

I can't claim alergies, but I can't stand being in houses that are just stiff with perfumes. The ones that are really offensive are these oil-burning things that sit on top of the electric lights. These things seem to scorch the chemical brew poured into them. Guaranteed to rip your nostrils open.

And yes, little old ladies do seem to adore this stuff, though I am, as usual, loath to use sexual stereotypes.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Caj

Post by Caj »

Yeah, Irish Spring(tm) soap is almost radioactive it's so strong. I know people who don't otherwise have allergies but who can't be in the same house as that stuff.

I usually buy the cheapest soap I find at the store, figuring that soap is soap, and only when I get home do I realize, "zOMG I just bought eight bars of Irish Spring."

--Caj
brianc

Post by brianc »

gonzo914 wrote:Here's one of the ways I amuse myself when dining at a fine restaurant (the kind where the food isn't wrapped in paper and they give you a real napkin).

Go to restroom.

:lol:

True story: The state of New Mexico has begun a program to help get drunk drivers off the road.

The plan is to put talking urinal cakes in the lavs - (apparently only men drive under the influence in New Mexico) - and as the ah, "bar patron" does his business, the urinal cake has a chip embedded that gently reminds those relieving themselves that they should not drive while intoxicated.

The program hasn't been in place long enough to be able to report as being a success or failure.

They can report, however, that the talking urinal cakes are quite popular. So popular, in fact, that many bars report that the talking urinal cakes are all being STOLEN. :boggle:

"Happy birthday, honey. Look what I got for your birthday present. Your very own talking urinal cake. Only slightly used!"