Wooden Flute Obsession!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Aanvil
antispam: No

Wooden Flute Obsession!

Post by Aanvil »

I've been in flute nirvana all day today.

My wife gave me all three CDs for my birthday yesterday and wow... just wow.

Kevin you have done a great service for us all by making these happen.

Thank you!

:)
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
jtrout
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play ITM on flute and whistle and enjoy the the topics on both forums. Much more civil and germaine that The Session.Org.

Post by jtrout »

How serendipitous! Its been a bit longer than a day, but my wife also gave me the full set of the CD's for my BD. Where have I been all this time without them?! I've learned a half dozen new and great tunes already.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

jtrout wrote:I've learned a half dozen new and great tunes already.
Time to move onto track 3.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Wooden Flute Obsession!

Post by kkrell »

Aanvil wrote:I've been in flute nirvana all day today.

Thank you!

I was thinking of just driving them over.

You don't know how much this helps me to receive such responses, just as I'm signing up players for WFO4.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
brotherwind

Re: Wooden Flute Obsession!

Post by brotherwind »

kkrell wrote:
Aanvil wrote:I've been in flute nirvana all day today.

Thank you!

I was thinking of just driving them over.

You don't know how much this helps me to receive such responses, just as I'm signing up players for WFO4.

Kevin Krell

Kevin,
the work you've completed so far is fantastic. The cd's are very nice. Are you still looking for candidates for Vol 4? I would definitely get a copy as soon as it is released.
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Thanks Kevin

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Kevin,

I'd also like to say thanks for doing these CDs. Absolutely amazing stuff, I have to limit myself, since my SO sometimes wants to listen to something else... But apart from that - perfect!

And to all the rest of you, I can only praise Kevin's customer service - after one set of CDs disappeared into the maw of the German Customs service, he had no problem sending me a second set which then arrived fine.

(The set caught by German customs eventually turned up several months later! I have no problem paying VAT and duty on these things, but I object to the delay while the package sits in an ignored pile in some warehouse! Do Americans ordering stuff from Europe have a similar problem with customs interception of the postal service and associated delays? Does anyone know whether things in Britain (my other adress) get intercepted in the same way?)

Chris.
trish
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by trish »

Hi Chris
I regularly order books and DVDs from the USA and these have always arrived in my English letterbox without being intercepted by Customs.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I ordered all three volumes from the US two weeks ago, and they seem to be lost somewhere on the way :(

Still sorting things out though...

Update: Hah! Seems that USPS just is veeeeeeeewwwwy slow. My item just arrived in Germany now and is checked by customs... :)
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I can never say enough good things about the WFO CD's

IMHO, they are an absolutely essential part of any wooden flutists CD collection.

I have ordered other CDs based on listening to selections on WFO
I have learned great new tunes based on listening to WFO
I have been inspired and encouraged to continue, whenever I am struck with flute ennui

For whatever reason, I never tire of the CD's and every time I put one on the CD player, it's like I hear it all over again with fresh ears....

Thanks Kevin, you the man! :party:

M
pmcallis

Post by pmcallis »

Mary makes a good point. I too use WFO as a "sampler" collection and then order many CD's of players whom I've heard on WFO CD's. Kevin's great series brings to light many fine players that the average flute enthusiast has not heard before. As a result, these flute players' CD sales go up.
P.
ChrisCracknell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

UK/German customs...

Post by ChrisCracknell »

Thanks Trish, I think future orders from the US are going to my Mum's address in Edinburgh...

I'm still getting stuck into your A Flute... Thanks for selling it to me. Do you have any particular arrangements of tunes that you liked to play it to in sessions? It works well for me for accompanying songs if I can persuade the others to move to A, but seems to require an awful lot of playing the basic chord notes if I try anything else with it.

Your new flute must have arrived by now - how are you finding it?

Chris.
trish

Post by trish »

Hi Chris Yes, having stuff sent to Edinburgh sounds like a good idea... sent you a PM about the other stuff...
Trish
cocusflute

Ordering stuff from Europe

Post by cocusflute »

Do Americans ordering stuff from Europe have a similar problem with customs interception of the postal service and associated delays?
Yes. More times than I like to think about. UPS is particularly awful. The worst is when they won't leave the package unless you pay them with a check. The Canadian bureaucrats can also be very nasty.
I find fewer problems using US Postal Service and, in Ireland, Anpost. You'd think the private carriers wold be better - at least that's what we've been conned into thinking - but it isn't so.
The US Postal Service, though a government organization, is self-supporting, as I understand it, and not dependent on tax revenue.