Moving Hearts at it again

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Evertjan 't Hart
antispam: No

Moving Hearts at it again

Post by Evertjan 't Hart »

Last Friday night Moving Hearts did their first gig since 20 years in the Highlands Hotel in Glenties. They did 'The Storm' live and it was amazing, great stuff!

They'll do Vicar street 06/02/07 till Fri 09/02/07. So if you like good music and great performers go and see them!
Goldie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Goldie »

Hi Evertjan
Thats a blast from the past.... I must have seen them play live about 25 times in all and the last time was in 93 or 94 at Finsbury Park in London but without Lunny. Funny that they played in the Highlands Hotel as I have a poster still kicking around somewhere advertising them playing there from the early 80s that my brother 1/2 inched after the gig. had it on the wall at a house I lived in with students at one time so Davey now has a big moustache :wink:
Unfortunately only got to see them for the first time just after Christy Moore left. Who was in the line up?? and did you go??
Cheers
Colin
Evertjan 't Hart

Post by Evertjan 't Hart »

Hi Colin,

Yeah, I did go! I was in the Highlands Hotel lounge and bumped into Davey Spillane and Donal Lunny. They where rehearsing all week in the Highlands for the upcoming gigs. So we changed our schedule to see the show. Besides Lunny and Spillane Kevin Glackin was in the line up. I missed the rest of the line up and my MD recorder recorded only 80 minutes of the concert so it's not on that either. But I think it was the original line up except for the guitar player who was a young lad.
It was a great concert and it was great fun to see Lunny jumping around the stage laughing as if it was his first gig ever.

Cheers,
Evertjan
Marcelo Muttis

Post by Marcelo Muttis »

Hi Evertjan, out of topic, I just wanna thank you for teaching reedmaking through the web, aldough I have a long way ahead, that was the only way for me to learn such an art, living so far away the UP cradle.
Again, thank you very much.
Thanks God for the opposite thumb.
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

Nice one Evertjan, it seems Spillane and Lunny have obviously resolved a few issues they had between themselves. Would have been interested to see them myself as they were my favourite band when I was in my late teens, also because where the gig was as my mum originally came from Ardara and have not been there for a few years.

Colin
totokots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by totokots »

I'm going to see them tonight in Vicar Street- nostalgia for me too- The Storm was the album that brought the pipes to my attention 20 odd years ago. Before that I had no interest in Irish music- that album started me on the wonderful lifetime journey that is Irish traditional music.
Careful men, he wets his plants . . .

http://www.ceolpipes.com