Special Thanks to the Fine Folks Who Make 'Em

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Special Thanks to the Fine Folks Who Make 'Em

Post by Tom Dowling »

Today is as good a day as any, and maybe better than some, to say thanks to the fine folks who make these wonderful instruments that bring us so much joy and happiness throughout the year.

So, my thanks go out to those of the ever growing number of fine whistle makers whose whistles I have the pleasure of being the current holder of. That list--and may it grow in the upcoming year--includes (in reverse alphabetical order so as to not even hint at a favorite, since to single out a favorite would be like a gardener saying he prefers his azaleas to his marigolds): Erik Tullberg, the Sweets, John Sindt, Gary Humphrey, Mack Hoover, Paul Hayward, Colin Goldie (and the ever delightful Brigitte!) Tony Dixon, Michael Burke and Peter Bonsteel.

Also, special thanks to a certain Gary in Oklahoma and a tall guy in Colorado--you know who you are, for sure--for the fellowship and technical support your have given me in the past year and more.

Finally, special thanks to Dale and the other fine folks who keep this website up and running. We are all fortunate to have this Internet watering hole available to us--a place where we can get a bit of the 'pure drop' and the like.

BE WELL!!

Tom D.
Last edited by Tom Dowling on Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

A wonderful thought Tom. To add to the list of makers to be thanked - Michael Copeland, Chris Abell, Pat O'Riordan, Paul Busman, Erle Bartlett, Dave Parkhurst, Bernard Overton, Sandy Jasper, Phil Hardy, Stacey. And to the manufacturers as well, including Mike at Susato.

Also, a moment in fond remembrance of Glen Schultz.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
jsluder

Re: Special Thanks to the Fine Folks Who Make 'Em

Post by jsluder »

Tom Dowling wrote:Today is as good a day as any, and maybe better than some, to say thanks to the fine folks who make these wonderful instruments that bring us so much joy and happiness throughout the year.
Hear hear! And I'll add the makers of my whistles to the list: Thanks to David Boisvert, Paul Busman and Pat O'Riordan. :)

Edit: Looks like PhilO beat me to a couple on my list. I gotta learn to type faster. :lol:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
King Friday

Post by King Friday »

A very nice thread we have here. I'd like to mention Ronaldo Reyburn, the Sweet family, Phil Hardy, and the late Glenn Schultz, who's whistles have given me hours of enjoyment this year.
Buckeye67

Post by Buckeye67 »

I'd like to add Steve Harper, Chuck Tilbury and Dave Shaw.

Also a big thanks to the tweakers out there like Jerry Freeman.

Thank you!
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Seconded, thirded, or whatever it be.

I found used Water Weasel recently that I'm enjoying very much.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

And a great big THANK YOU to Dale! Without you and your accomplishments, my life would be a very different (and worse) place. On behalf of my family and from the bottom of my heart, Thank you!
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
emtor

Post by emtor »

Lots of thanks to Dale Wisely who brought us all together here at this forum and a merry X-mas to him and his family.
Without Dale the world of whistlers would look very different and barren.
Thank you Dale :D
jmiller

Post by jmiller »

I would like to send out a special thanks for the Copeland and Overton D's I have received this year. They have changed everything.
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

Don't want to forget Phil Bleazey do we? I don't - I have a low G on order.