Glenn Watson Flute Available Now!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Glenn Watson Flute Available Now!

Post by Sillydill »

This is just a FYI post! :D

Blayne Chastain at Whistle & Drum has a new Glenn Watson flute (keyless D in blackwood and silver) available for immediate purchase here: http://www.whistleanddrum.com/category. ... egoryID=10

I had been in contact with Glenn Watson and his waiting list for a keyless D flute is now stretching over 6-months.

All the Best!

Jordan
Blayne Chastain
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Thanks for the plug Jordan. I met Glenn when living in Ireland this past year. Lovely guy - used to do grunt work (keymaking and such) for Dave Williams. He went to some well respected instrument making school in England... can't remember the name. Anyhoo, I had a chance to play some of his flutes (and later waste a few afternoons drinking guinness & playing in some fun afternoon sessions there in Galway) and was just amazed and ordered 4 on the spot. This is the last one of that batch and it's a player. Every time I pick it up time seems to fly by as it's just so fun to play. It's really light, perfectly in tune (and I'm a stickler for that) and I can play it clear up to g'' and even a'' with not too much trouble... Not that I use those notes so much for trad but it's fun to play up there sometimes - a good warmup for lazy lips!

Oh... and it's an easy flute to play - on top of it being fairly light, the holes aren't too big and Glenn's got the embouchure figured out... Reminds me at times of my Olwell's embouchure... Actually my Olwell headjoint fits on it but it sounds better with its own...

His workmanship is top notch as well. Anyhoo... I thought I'd give you all a direct link to it:

http://www.whistleanddrum.com/Keyless-I ... atson.html

Enough blabbing on... Just procrastination real work... going out of town for a few days to Cali to see the folks and have to get a few things finished here with work before I go... Mmmmm In-N-Out Burger.... MMMMMMM

:)
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

McChastain wrote: Enough blabbing on... Just procrastination real work... going out of town for a few days to Cali to see the folks and have to get a few things finished here with work before I go... Mmmmm In-N-Out Burger.... MMMMMMM

Off topic... but you must be a native Cali. :D

They aren't as good as they used to be but... man... they still make me drool.

<slurp>

Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

Yep... grew up in Hollywood then went off to Boston... Oh man... can't wait to get off the plane and get a double double with cheese!

Did you know about their secret menu?

http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/

:party:
Bretton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

McChastain wrote: Mmmmm In-N-Out Burger.... MMMMMMM

Yum!!! I used to go to Las Vegas once a year to visit relatives there (they aren't there any more). In-N-Out Burger is the best burger place I've ever been too...amazing. I wish they had them in the midwest.

-Brett
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

McChastain wrote:Yep... grew up in Hollywood then went off to Boston... Oh man... can't wait to get off the plane and get a double double with cheese!

Just had a double double animal style last night with a fried animal (fries animal style as well)...it was bliss.

I hear that the granddaughter will be taking over the franchise and she has thought about expanding the menu--which is a huge shame.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

michael_coleman wrote:
McChastain wrote:Yep... grew up in Hollywood then went off to Boston... Oh man... can't wait to get off the plane and get a double double with cheese!

Just had a double double animal style last night with a fried animal (fries animal style as well)...it was bliss.

I hear that the granddaughter will be taking over the franchise and she has thought about expanding the menu--which is a huge shame.
I just order the Cheeseburger without the meat... :oops:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon C. wrote: I just order the Cheeseburger without the meat... :oops:

"Grilled Cheese"!

Its yummy!

I'm afraid I haven't been able to give up the meat... and I HAVE tried.

I order a protein stlye usually.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

Have you tried the neapolitan shake? It is actually quite good. This is making me hungry.
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Aanvil wrote:

"Grilled Cheese"!

Its yummy!

The problem is that they seem to grill the cheese in the leftover juice/crud/deadanimal from the burgers. *retch*
William Bajzek
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

monkey587 wrote:
Aanvil wrote:

"Grilled Cheese"!

Its yummy!

The problem is that they seem to grill the cheese in the leftover juice/crud/deadanimal from the burgers. *retch*
But that's the best part! Image
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Denny

Post by Denny »

Okay guys...I, for one, am starting to hear '50s surf music in the background... :wink:
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Congratulations wrote:
monkey587 wrote:
Aanvil wrote:
"Grilled Cheese"!

Its yummy!

But that's the best part! Image
For you. :swear:
William Bajzek
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

monkey587 wrote:For you. :swear:
Aren't there any vegetarian fast food places where you live? There's none around here, but I live in the codpiece of America. I figure they exist somewhere out there.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
monkey587

Post by monkey587 »

Congratulations wrote:
monkey587 wrote:For you. :swear:
Aren't there any vegetarian fast food places where you live? There's none around here, but I live in the codpiece of America. I figure they exist somewhere out there.
vegetarian fast food place... jamba juice is the only one I can think of.

normally I'd just skip it altogether, but when you're not quite home yet on your 11 hour drive and it's after midnight, there aren't many options.
William Bajzek