calling all Dubliners!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

calling all Dubliners!!

Post by flanum »

I take it that any C&F Dubs are obviously living somewhere else!! Either England or America or somewhere!! Thet obviously realised what a cr*p hole Dublin really is and got out when they could!
In fact i think the only two Dublin residential C&FFERS are meself and HARRY!, Neither of us are from Blackpool/oops sorry i mean Dublin!
Is it any wonder sackville street burnt down under the brits while Dubs pretended nothing was happening and meanwhile hoped some culchies would come up and rescue them!!?
I have just watched the best GAA game i have seen in years, both Dublin and Mayo teams were excellent, a very good tight clean game!
However...
I was collected from my house by mr Neil Lyons(current world bodhran champion) in his Arnotts Dublin jersey, which wads great craic, we both presumed we were gonna have great craic slagging each other, and im not even from Mayo, im just a "any culchie team apart from the Dubs" type of fellow!
Anyway we went on to Stoneybatter into "the Glimmerman" pub and proceeded to watch the game, we were having great craic and a bit of banter and slagging until this thug in a Dub jersey started shouting at me to "f*&^ing get out of this bar you f$%^ing muck savage etc.."!
Even Neil was mortified by this so we went down to Walshes bar to watch the remainder of the game and anyway we enjoyed the rest of it cos there was all counties of culchies in it!!
Wich brings me back to my original question.... "what if anything is so great about Dublin"?

Is there ANY SINGLE THING good about Dublin???
I step over at least 2 junkies every morning, while trying to not step in the vomit/p*ss on the way to my car to do a days work.

These songs that people sing like "Dublin in the rare auld times", was Dublin EVER a good place to be??

Last year during the build up to the semi-s, i was shouting for Tyrone, a Ringsend lad at work said to me "why would you be bleeedin shoutin for Tyrone?" in his stupid Dublin accent, to which i replied that id shout for any Ulster team at this stage..! His reply was "sure what would you be bleedin shoutin for an Ulster team for? sure your not even from the North, your from bleedin Cavan..!

Dubs.......... WHY?

Cmon so.... stand up for yourselves..!

Or should i say West Brits....?

*edit

Maybe i should explain to any Dubliners reading this that "Sackville" is what is now known as "O'Connell st", the place with 2 MacDonalds!! (ah now you know where i mean!)!
(once upon a time there was a wee bit of a scuffle here with a few culchies and a couple of them lads in uniform and it got its name changed!)!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Innocent Bystander
antispam: No

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Well, I did hear once about a Dubliner with an inferiority complex.

He thought eveybody else was as good as him....
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
dubhlinn

Re: calling all Dubliners!!

Post by dubhlinn »

flanum wrote: Wich brings me back to my original question.... "what if anything is so great about Dublin"?
:lol:

Flan baby,

It's like Jazz..if ye have to ask, you'll never know.

Slan,
D :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Dubh dude, that doesnt answer anything! Explain please!!
:lol: :lol:
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
flanum

Post by flanum »

dubhlinn wrote:
flanum wrote: Wich brings me back to my original question.... "what if anything is so great about Dublin"?
:lol:

Flan baby,

It's like Jazz..if ye have to ask, you'll never know.

Slan,
D :wink:
Is that a Simpsons "bleeding gums Murphy" quote?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

flanum wrote:IIs there ANY SINGLE THING good about Dublin???
Cobblestone.

(response provided by starry-eyed Brit who spent three glorious days and at least two glorious nights there!) :)
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
alurker

Post by alurker »

flanum wrote: this thug in a Dub jersey started shouting at me to "f*&^ing get out of this bar you f$%^ing muck savage
Flanum, you elect to shout for Mayo in an All-Ireland semi-final in a Stonybatter pub??? :boggle: :boggle: Have you a death-wish or something? You may never see Cavan again, never mind Clare, at this rate! You would have been safer shouting for Kerry on Hill 16 or lying in the middle lane of the Nass dual carriageway for that matter! :lol: You were lucky you were gently ushered out by the diplomat in the audience! You need a critical culchie mass like you found in Walshes for that sort of carry-on. Try the Cat and Cage or Kennedy's or any of those foreigner pubs on Drumcondra Road next time.
flanum wrote: Is there ANY SINGLE THING good about Dublin???
Something to contemplate over a quiet pint of Guinness in Joxer Daly's on Dorset Street some quiet mid-week afternoon, or over a pint and a tune in Hughes' behind the four courts on Friday night. (Hint there are a couple of possible Good Things contained in the previous sentence).

I think you've simply been there a bit too long and you have one eye firmly fixed on greener pastures. For a non-native, Dublin may be an experience best enjoyed over the course of a long weekend on a visit from somewhere like, oh I dunno, Co. Clare?
flanum

Post by flanum »

To top it all, i got up for work this morning to discover my windscreen had been kicked in!!! (my car has Cavan plates, i.e non-Dublin)!
djm

Post by djm »

flanum wrote:To top it all, i got up for work this morning to discover my windscreen had been kicked in!!! (my car has Cavan plates, i.e non-Dublin)!
Ouch! Sorry for your trouble. But wouldn't this sort of random malevolence have still occurred regardless of where your license plates are from? In other words, aren't you being just a tad too sensitive? I have not been, but my understanding is that one of the great features of Dublin is that it will kick the sh!t out of anyone, with no regard to who you are.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

djm wrote:
flanum wrote:To top it all, i got up for work this morning to discover my windscreen had been kicked in!!! (my car has Cavan plates, i.e non-Dublin)!
Ouch! Sorry for your trouble. But wouldn't this sort of random malevolence have still occurred regardless of where your license plates are from? In other words, aren't you being just a tad too sensitive? I have not been, but my understanding is that one of the great features of Dublin is that it will kick the sh!t out of anyone, with no regard to who you are.

djm
It'll try...
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

alurker wrote:
flanum wrote: this thug in a Dub jersey started shouting at me to "f*&^ing get out of this bar you f$%^ing muck savage
Flanum, you elect to shout for Mayo in an All-Ireland semi-final in a Stonybatter pub??? :boggle: :boggle: Have you a death-wish or something? You may never see Cavan again, never mind Clare, at this rate! You would have been safer shouting for Kerry on Hill 16 or lying in the middle lane of the Nass dual carriageway for that matter! :lol: You were lucky you were gently ushered out by the diplomat in the audience! You need a critical culchie mass like you found in Walshes for that sort of carry-on. Try the Cat and Cage or Kennedy's or any of those foreigner pubs on Drumcondra Road next time.
flanum wrote: Is there ANY SINGLE THING good about Dublin???
Something to contemplate over a quiet pint of Guinness in Joxer Daly's on Dorset Street some quiet mid-week afternoon, or over a pint and a tune in Hughes' behind the four courts on Friday night. (Hint there are a couple of possible Good Things contained in the previous sentence).

I think you've simply been there a bit too long and you have one eye firmly fixed on greener pastures. For a non-native, Dublin may be an experience best enjoyed over the course of a long weekend on a visit from somewhere like, oh I dunno, Co. Clare?

:lol: :lol:

My local, back in the day, was the Penthouse.

No Culchies suffered gladly there, I'll tell ye.

Slan,
D. :D
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
flanum

Post by flanum »

djm wrote:

djm
Nope, monday morning, there were at least 4 cars damaged here on Leo st, ALL non-dublin plates! Not a single Dub car was touched.

Also funnily enough, one of the Dublin star-forwards had his jaw broke by a so-called Dublin fan after the game on sunday night in "Copper-face Jacks"! And there have been rumours that Jason Sherlock (another Dub-star) got a hiding elsewhere from a so-called "fan"!
djm

Post by djm »

flanum wrote:Also funnily enough, one of the Dublin star-forwards had his jaw broke by a so-called Dublin fan after the game on sunday night in "Copper-face Jacks"! And there have been rumours that Jason Sherlock (another Dub-star) got a hiding elsewhere from a so-called "fan"!
Clearly this was meant as a sign of affection, then. You should feel blessed. :wink: :lol:

djm
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Here you go. You can see this painting. The rest of us can't.
LADY WRITING A LETTER WITH HER MAID
(Schrijvende vrouw met dienstbode)
Jan Vermeer
c. 1670-1671
oil on canvas
28 x 23 in. (71.1 x 58.4 cm.)
National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:Here you go. You can see this painting. The rest of us can't.
What painting? :-?

djm