Where are my headphones?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Paul Reid
antispam: No

Where are my headphones?

Post by Paul Reid »

I have a very special set of headphones in a little metal box. I think it's with the Nano that's also missing. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

First area to check, on your head... kinda like looking for lost glasses. As for looking for a lost Nano, can't help you there... unless you watch "TV Land". :wink:
carrie

Post by carrie »

You may get some helpful ideas here. http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=42863&

But most likely your stuff is with the set of keys my son lost--the 3rd set, that is.

Good luck!

Carol
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Nano is not lost. He is merely somewhat astray.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

When I lose small stuff, it usually turns out to have been in the refrigerator. Check there first.
Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Check the case/bag that you use for long trips and never completely clear out.
Wizard needs whiskey, badly!
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

I had a horrible instantaneous gut-ache thinking that I had left the two on my flight back from Calgary - but I was ill in bed for a week after that and certain that I'd listened to my iPod and UE's then. If I did leave them on the plane womeone got a hell of a nice gift!

Okay, it's time to ask my beautiful wife - she knows where everything on the planet is.
PR

\\
gonzo914
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gonzo914 »

Paul Reid wrote: Okay, it's time to ask my beautiful wife - she knows where everything on the planet is.
That's where you should have started in the first place. (When you're getting that "I swear you men think a uterus is a homing device" talk, just nod and say you are sorry.)
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

gonzo914 wrote: (When you're getting that "I swear you men think a uterus is a homing device" talk, just nod and say you are sorry.)
ROFL! :lol: :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:Nano is not lost. He is merely somewhat astray.
If running around impersonating Eric Clapton is merely somewhat astray, I'd hate to see what it looks like when Nano completely loses his marbles in March Hare land.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

gonzo914 wrote:
Paul Reid wrote: Okay, it's time to ask my beautiful wife - she knows where everything on the planet is.
That's where you should have started in the first place. (When you're getting that "I swear you men think a uterus is a homing device" talk, just nod and say you are sorry.)
No no no no no, that is absolutely the last thing you do... and for the purpose of putting off the second (and parthensized) part of your post, for as long as humanly possible. :lol:
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Guess what. She found them in about 23 seconds!!!!! Unbelievable - I searched EVERYWHERE (well almost!). Turns out that we had painted our bedroom and they ended up in a catch-all basket in the spare bedroom.

So, now three things go through my mind immediately:

1.) How pathetic do I feel now?
2.) Is this a sign of things to come?
3.) I'm really glad that I have them now! :lol:

Thanks for your support C&F! You're always there when I need ya!
PR

\\
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

Told you you should have gone there first. Your choices are --

1. Look all over hell and gone, post on the chiffboard, look some more, fret, then finally go ask your wife, get the talk and get your stuff.

or

2. Just go ask you wife. You get talk up front, but you get your stuff back quicker.

I suspect they sometimes hide our stuff just so they can do that talk. Think about it. Did your stuff ever disappear like that when you were single?
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Gah.... damn, good point! (hahahaha!) Unfortunately she was in Victoria over the weekend so she didn't have the physical opportunity to gloat :D
PR

\\
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

I just came back from a fife and drum muster (which was awesome, BTW), and couldn't find my keys (my wife drove home). I was ready to drive two hours back to the muster field to search for them. Finally, I gave in to overwhelming exhaustion, got ready for bed, and began to put away some of the items on my bed, which included my marching shoes. Lo and behold, I lifted my shoes, and there was that characteristic jingle which one associates with one's keys (our key jingle is like a fingerprint, I believe).

I had placed my keys in my shoe for safe keeping so I wouldn't lose them.

Need you ask my state of mind (i.e. sobriety) when I decided on the safest place to store my keys?

In Humble Stupidity,
The Fyffer

P.S. My wife *did not* know where they were.
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|