Sold: Harsh Wardhan Bansuri

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Sold: Harsh Wardhan Bansuri

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I am in the process of moving, and, consequently, I have a beautiful Harsh Wardhan Bansuri that I would like to pass on to a new owner in the USA, preferably. The current new price for this bansuri on the website is 150 euros, or about $192 US dollars. I am asking $150, and I will pay the priority mail shipping in the USA. The bansuri is a professional concert bansuri in the tonic of G natural (three finger holes covered), is 66 centimeters long, and is tuned for the Western tempered scale. Thus, it is tuned the same as a low D Irish flute and can be played as one. There is also a vent hole on the side of the flute near the end that will play C# if covered with the leg while sitting. The intonation of the flute is quite good throughout two full octaves. As you can see from the photo, the oval-shaped finger holes are large and are ideal for slurring or portamento. The rich tone of this flute would make it great for playing airs or other slower pieces. Because of the size of the finger holes, I don't think that it would be suited for fast playing of jigs and reels.

Harsh Wardhan Bansuri

Last edited by Doug_Tipple on Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

How's the finger stretch?
(Also, where are you moving?)
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

jim stone wrote:How's the finger stretch?
(Also, where are you moving?)
The finger stretch between the finger holes (measured center to center) for the right middle and right ring finger is 50 mm. By comparison, my pvc low D flute measures 43 mm for the same stretch (see photo below). I have fairly small hands for a man, and I don't have any trouble covering the finger holes using piper's grip with the right hand.

To answer your question Jim, I am moving 60 miles south to Indianapolis. I will be living in a pleasant neighborhood near Butler University. I am in the process of getting my shop setup in the basement of the house.

jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Wow, that's a real move.