Flying feline

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
GaryKelly
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Flying feline

Post by GaryKelly »

Cat falls 80ft, lands on its feet and runs off... :o

Beeb video here.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
missy

Post by missy »

harp - no,no - put Psycho Kitty DOWN!!!!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Must be a Thunderclan cat.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Re: Flying feline

Post by dfernandez77 »

GaryKelly wrote:Cat falls 80ft, lands on its feet and runs off... :o
You forgot the part "...says 'OOOOF!' and runs off..." :lol:
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I have a cat named Piper too. He's been in scrapes, but not that one, as far as I have observed.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Hope the kitty is ok.
I suppose we should all be glad the headline didn't read
80ft cat lands on feet and runs off...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I don't have a very good feeling for how high 80 feet is. Like about 14 men high---that is high. I guess people who trim trees or the fire department (especially in a small town if that's what it was) wouldn't have something that goes up that high. Eight days without water seems pretty amazing to me. I'm surprised it could live that long. We've had cats up trees but thank goodness we could get at them on a ladder. They seem to do it only once. It's always a pretty hair raising experience. I should just concentrate on the fact that the cat is okay. I'm feeling a little shaky this morning so I'm easily spooked. :lol:
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I'm impressed that the cameraman had the presence of mind to zoom out as it started to fall...
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Jack

Post by Jack »

See, what I don't get is that /a certain somebody\ is afraid of squirrels. That seems logical enough. But by consequence, a fear of squirrels should lead to a fear of cats since although squirrels are evil little creatures with wickedness of their own, cats have the power to destroy and eat them. If cats can do that to squirrels, imagine what they could do to a human. :boggle:

Meow.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Are you saying that the cat survived the eight days by eating squirrels? It seems like it would have had a hard time catching them up there in the branches.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Flying feline

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

dfernandez77 wrote:
GaryKelly wrote:Cat falls 80ft, lands on its feet and runs off... :o
You forgot the part "...says 'OOOOF!' and runs off..." :lol:
And once it hid beneath the car, it utter a barely audible "... Fecking MEOW!!!"
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I thought it was a bit optimistic feathering its tail like a helicopter on the way down... kind of like "If I autorotate the tail I'll be fine... I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it! I can fl.....ukinmeowl!"
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

GaryKelly wrote:I thought it was a bit optimistic feathering its tail like a helicopter on the way down... kind of like "If I autorotate the tail I'll be fine... I'm gonna make it! I'm gonna make it! I can fl.....ukinmeowl!"
Somehow this cat has mastered what the tree-cat should have.... :D
Flight.
You know, a'course, some cats can fly, others can't.
It's the cat's whots makes them witches brooms fly, y'know.
You didn't think them witches could fly on their own now, did you? :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

the Kat from Krypton! Oi!

Oh, Oh! Here's a shot of that cat falling out of the tree from the skydiver-cam he took up with him. This cat didn't get stuck; He's a BASE jumper!!!
Last edited by Tyler on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Cats can fly, but some are also afraid of heights. Such is a cat's life.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing