New Elf Song Jasper whistles on ebay -- Anyone played them?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
johnbunch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New Elf Song Jasper whistles on ebay -- Anyone played them?

Post by johnbunch »

I was checking ebay and found a number of postings for a new elf song "jasper" whistle with a delrin molded mouthpiece selling for about $25. They have the Elf Song trademark on them but are not listed on the West Coast Whistle website.

Does anyone know anything about these? Looks like they could be excellent but I would like to learn more before I purchase one (what can I say... I'm part scottish).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elf-Song-Jasper-Tin ... dZViewItem
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

If you read the blurb, you'll note that it says ..."manufactured version of..." ergo, not the whistles made by hand by Sandy Jasper. I guess what's important is whether Sandy is marketing these or whether they are marketed with her approval. I am not familiar with the whistle posted; I have 2 very lovely Elfsong whistles made by Sandy (D, C) and both have different labels from that pictured - the logo is some sort of tree, not Kokopelli. Both have copper bodies, one a brass head with delrin fipple, the other a copper head with a coated wood fipple. Her whistles are a good deal more expensive ($75-90?) than that shown on E-Bay.

If you're interested, I'd suggest contacting Sandy Jasper directly, as indicated at the site.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

The sight does show the Kokopelli logo and seller's are Sandy and Steve and in Canada, so looks like it may be a new line of Elfsongs; I've sent an e-mail to Sandy to confirm.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

The most time and fiddling and hands-on work is done not on the body of the whistle, but on the head. As pretty as the Elfsongs are, the cost of the making of them is probably all tied up in the head. Manufacture that, and you cut back on expense.

I had an Elfsong, and considered it a nice instrument, certainly the prettiest (If I recall it was a midnight blue with sparkles), and mellower than my current favorites. The price of this certainly makes it appealing to try out the new design of the mouthpiece!

Ah,, go for it! That way I don't have to!
Tyg

ps - dang...too late...ordered it already
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Just confirmed with Sandy that it is indeed she that is offering this new manufactured (injection molded headpiece) Elfsong on e-bay. She will update her website to include these next week.

Philo
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

PhilO, post Sandy's website please.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
OBrien
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by OBrien »

I got mine yesterday- a very nice whistle for the price. The upper octave was a little flat, but filling the cavity under the windway with Blue-Tack fixed that. It has a clear tone with medium volume and the tuning slide is nice and snug. The octaves are well balanced. I think the whistle looks good, except for the rather heavy plastic around the tuning slide. But the back is flat, which keeps it from rolling around when you put it down.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

shadeclan wrote:PhilO, post Sandy's website please.
I'll save PhilO some work:
http://www.elfsongwhistles.com/
Keith
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

As requested, Sandy's website is: http://www.elfsongwhistles.com

Philo
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Thank you, KHL and PhilO.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I gotta try one of those.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Unseen122 wrote:I gotta try one of those.
You gotta try one of everything. :) That's the spirit!

Philo
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Phil, you have discovered my plan. The fact that they are $25 is pushing me to try one even more. Plus I was thinking of ordering an Elfsong as lot is closer to the top of the list.