COMMERCIAL POSTING: Engraved Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
D Brooker
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

COMMERCIAL POSTING: Engraved Whistle

Post by D Brooker »

I just done some hand engraving on a brass whistle - In case anyone's interested they can see it at this link http://www.dbrooker.com/whistles.html
Just something a little different - Thanks for looking - Dennis Brooker

(Note from moderator: I invited Dennis to make this post. I would ask y'all to take the specifics to email, please.)
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

I took a look at your website - Interesting!

How much would you charge to engrave something like, say, a celtic knot on an already owned brass whistle, like my Jerry Freeman MellowDog?

Also, I noticed that you also do watches and that you paint "fully" luminous dials. What exactly does that mean - do you have to expose them to the light to "charge up" or are you using something like tritium paint? If the paint doesn't need "charging", then I have some pocket watches that I would like to talk to you about . . .
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
D Brooker

Post by D Brooker »

Shadeclan - Thanks for the interest - Until I see a design I can't quote a price - the cost for similar engraving as shown would be around $30.00 -

As far as the watch dials I don't "paint" the fully luminous dials, it is a special luminous material that needs to be charged with light - Also we only make dials for the watches that we provide - Hope this helps - DB
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

You do good work, D. If you take a look around the Net at celtic knotwork, and provide some samples of how you could adapt it to whistles on your website, you could get a lot of business here.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
D Brooker

Engraved Celtic knot work and more

Post by D Brooker »

Blackhawk - I will try and get some samples of engraved Celtic knotwork designs on whistels in the very near future - I'm finishing up another whisltle with another design and will try and post it by the end of today - Thanks for your compliment and suggestion - DB
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Nicey-nice!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---