Memphis Upchucks = $

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Memphis Upchucks = $

Post by Dale »

The Undisputed Cat, whose legal name is Memphis Tennessee Wisely, has taken, in her old age, to lying on top of my Dell 17" CRT Monitor. How cute. Today she puked into the top vent and liquid puke shorted out the innards of the monitor.

It's on the family computer, as opposed to the Nitrogen Cooled Supercomputer that is the main C&F computer.

I've taken off the cover to encourage vomit-drying, hoping against hope that it will power up again.

That is all.

Dale
Jack

Post by Jack »

That is so adorable!! :)
dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

Thank you for sharing.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

People flu...dog flu...bird flu.............CAT FLU?!??!? :o
djm

Post by djm »

This is almost worth bringing back Bill <ack>

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

My cat pulled the same trick with our cable box once. I was sitting upstairs when I heard the unmistakable sound of hairball horking, followed by the unmistakable smell of electronics frying. I looked over the railing to see Khani sitting like a sphynx on top of the cable box while blue smoke rose all around her. I ran downstairs, shooed her off the box, unplugged it, and surveyed the damage. It was toast.

When I called the cable company, I only said that "something had gotten spilled on it" (fearful of being charged for an expensive digital cable box). When the cable guy got here, I confessed that the cat had puked in it (I figured all the singed hairs around the box were a dead giveaway anyway). He said "oh, that's OK then...they won't charge you for that...we even have a code for it!" He then went on to tell me that, if my kid had spilled something in it, we would have been liable for the price of the box, but "cat puke" is evidently considered to be an occupational hazard of electronic devices, and they just write it off!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

One day, I was visiting the local mom and pop hardware store, Deaton's. Through the office door, I heard Mrs. Deaton's voice.

"If you're going to throw up, go outside."

After a moment's puzzlement, I remembered the store's resident cat.

Best wishes,
Jerry
fearfaoin

Re: Memphis Upchucks = $

Post by fearfaoin »

DaleWisely wrote:The Undisputed Cat, whose legal name is Memphis Tennessee Wisely, has taken, in her old age, to lying on top of my Dell 17" CRT Monitor. How cute.
Cats have a hard time lying on an LCD monitor

Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

fearfaoin wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:The Undisputed Cat, whose legal name is Memphis Tennessee Wisely, has taken, in her old age, to lying on top of my Dell 17" CRT Monitor. How cute.
Cats have a hard time lying on an LCD monitor
Memphis T. Wisely will find a way.

I'm looking at newegg.com for 17" LCD monitors.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

DaleWisely wrote:Memphis T. Wisely will find a way.

I'm looking at newegg.com for 17" LCD monitors.
If you find one you want to buy online, make sure to go to a store and
look at the monitor you want. It's hard to tell how bright or how wide a
viewing angle the LCD has without actually looking at it. Try to get one
with a guaranteed low number of dead pixels.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I like that special little noise they make right before they puke. They crouch there, hunched over, making that ghastly erooooo sound . . .

I used to be really good at running through the house and sliding into base to get a newspaper under their nose before they finished making that noise.
Cotelette d'Agneau
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

I know it's not particularly funny, Dale, but thanks for my first laugh-out-loud moment today.

I have a friend who some years ago was a missionary...one evening she and her companion were visiting a home, having a lovely discussion, when the owner's cat suddenly threw up - directly into my friend's purse. Anyone familiar with the usual contents of a woman's purse can imagine the clean-up...

Do they aim, or what???

Susan
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Your poor kitty. I hope she's okay! Have you seen these heating pads for cats? They are always plugged in but they just warm up when the cat is lying on it. It is about $27.00. Ours has lasted a number of years now and our cats just love it. Maybe your cat would like it better than the computer, although I guess if you're getting a different monitor....
I didn't price hunt or anything, this is just what it looks like. The cover is removeable and washable, the heating thing is inside.
Imagehttp://futurepet.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.e ... UM=LEC3092
Oh, I'm sorry about your monitor.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Cynth wrote:Your poor kitty. I hope she's okay! Have you seen these heating pads for cats? They are always plugged in but they just warm up when the cat is lying on it. It is about $27.00. Ours has lasted a number of years now and our cats just love it. Maybe your cat would like it better than the computer, although I guess if you're getting a different monitor....
I didn't price hunt or anything, this is just what it looks like. The cover is removeable and washable, the heating thing is inside.
Imagehttp://futurepet.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.e ... UM=LEC3092
Oh, I'm sorry about your monitor.
I think that's a lovely idea.

Dale
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Dale I've taken old monitors and literally washed them out with a hose befor and left them in a hot place to dry for a few days. (garage). Just make sure they are totally dry befor plugging them back in.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.