My darned wife.... (and a question)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

My darned wife.... (and a question)

Post by IDAwHOa »

won't let me sell my O'Riordan Traveler set even though she knows what the market value is and after telling her I was thinking about getting her a Fred Rose high d to replace them with!!!! :o :o

She said, "Oh no you don't. You are NOT selling those whistles. You can add to the collection if you want, but do NOT sell those whistles. I would rather sell the Bodhran."

This is the third time she has told me no. I think she means it. :lol: Now the question is, and considering the rest of my collection, do I NEED a Fred Rose high d (blackwood, mopani or pink ivorywood)?
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: My darned wife.... (and a question)

Post by Congratulations »

IDAwHOa wrote:won't let me sell my O'Riordan Traveler set even though she knows what the market value is and after telling her I was thinking about getting her a Fred Rose high d to replace them with!!!! :o :o

She said, "Oh no you don't. You are NOT selling those whistles. You can add to the collection if you want, but do NOT sell those whistles. I would rather sell the Bodhran."

This is the third time she has told me no. I think she means it. :lol: Now the question is, and considering the rest of my collection, do I NEED a Fred Rose high d (blackwood, mopani or pink ivorywood)?
I'll tell you as soon as mine comes in the mail. :)
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Kingfisher

Re: My darned wife.... (and a question)

Post by Kingfisher »

IDAwHOa wrote: Now the question is, and considering the rest of my collection, do I NEED a Fred Rose high d (blackwood, mopani or pink ivorywood)?
No !! The difference between NEED and WANT is now the real issue. Isn't it ? :)

Have a Great Day and Fun Whistling!!
Coming to you live from "The Black Hole of Whistledom"
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

You probably need it.
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

Steven,

Tell your wife that my wife is going to leave me unless I get a nice O'Riordan. It would be an act of charity for you to sell these to me and save my marriage.

Truth is my wife probably wouldn't let me spend this much money now and there is not the least threat at all of anyone leaving, but would it really hurt for you to say someone SAID this was the case? Surely the Rose whistle is worth a little stretching of the truth. :wink:

Cheers.
Keith
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

You tell him Renee! :lol:

I agree, sell something you can replace to pay for your Rose.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Confuscious say...

"Never sell something you know you like to pay for something you think you'll like."

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Loan it to me long-term and it won't sit around and annoy you about how p-whipped you are! :twisted:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Doc Jones wrote:Confuscious say...

"Never sell something you know you like to pay for something you think you'll like."

Doc
Doc, this reminds me of my wife's (Hong Kong born and educated) reaction to fortune cookies, back when we were still dating.

Fortune cookies, especially the silly "Confucius Say" ones are really American faux Chinese - many authentic Chinese restaurants in the US have them because the American customers expect them, but they are seldom seen anywhere else. So she wasn't at all familiar with the concept.

We'd gone out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. All went well until the check came, along with the fortune cookies. Out of curiousity, she opened one and read it.

Pause. Then she looked shocked and re-read it. Her jaw dropped.

Longer pause. Re-read it again. Then she looked up and very firmly told me "Confucius never said THAT!"

I still remind her of it from time to time.

(I agree with your advice, by the way. Why replace a sure thing with a "maybe"?)
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Thanks for all the "support" guys. I have decided to sell my bodhran to fund the Rose.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

A capital idea, ol' chap.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Denny

Post by Denny »

IDAwHOa wrote:Thanks for all the "support" guys. I have decided to sell my bodhran to fund the Rose.
Hey, when you're wrong your wife will tell you.

When she's right we'll tell you.

What'sa matta you? :lol: