Kat...a Cat. 5!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
ShadowBG625
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Kat...a Cat. 5!!!

Post by ShadowBG625 »

I was just watching the news, and saw that Hurricane Katrina has intensified to a Category 5 storm. Mein Gott in Himmel! (A little German for those out there) Hopefully, we Floridians have dodged the bullet. At the same time though, I have friends in Louisiana, where the storm is headed. I called them and...hehe...they were on their way to stay with some family in South Carolina. They boarded up, and got the heck out of dodge. Those in the path of this storm, I'm praying for you. :thumbsup:
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

Nawlins is my favorite city to visit - y'all stay safe!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

A very dear friend's son lives in Biloxi. Please, if you all could, send some prayers and thoughts his and his family's way. And to all of our Chiffers in that area, please stay safe!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

izzarina wrote:And to all of our Chiffers in that area, please stay safe!
Our Chiffers in that area need to freakin' LEAVE. Just go.

If you have to drive to Tennessee and sit in a Walmart parking lot, do so.

People who went through Andrew, another 5, down by Miami still have screaming PTSD from it. There was nothing left of concrete block homes except some flattened rubble.
Cotelette d'Agneau
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

izzarina wrote: Please, if you all could, send some prayers and thoughts!
Prayers have been sent, and will be sent over the next few days. :thumbsup:
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I saw it this morning on MSNBC. I didn't think it would strengthen that much. Hopefully nobody thinks they're going to have a "hurricane party".
What do all those people who live in the swamps of the delta do in this case? They're predicting 30ft storm surge!!!

It's a cat 4 now. I think the catagories are too artificial. They are based on wind speed. I would think a more accurate measure would be to factor wind speed, rain amount and storm surge.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Yeah, downgraded to cat 4 by a difference of 1 mph.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org