I just deleted a thread

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

I just deleted a thread

Post by Dale »

I just deleted a thread that begins with speculation about psychiatric illness in the President. I'm not a fan or a support of President Bush, but I object to this kind of gossip and armchair diagnosis.
amar
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: I just deleted a thread

Post by amar »

DaleWisely wrote:I just deleted a thread that begins with speculation about psychiatric illness in the President. I'm not a fan or a support of President Bush, but I object to this kind of gossip and armchair diagnosis.
psychiatric illness? what a joke..
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

See -- I told you guys to knock it off, but you wouldn't listen, and you kept it up, and now dad's mad, and we have to go play outside.

Good thing he didn't have to stop the car.

:sniffle:
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Considering Dale's occupation, I can understand why he moderates a bit more heavily where mental health issues are concerned.

I figure having one absolutely forbidden subject is a small price to pay for everything these boards provide us.

--James
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

DaleWisely wrote:I just deleted a thread that begins with speculation about psychiatric illness in the President. I'm not a fan or a support of President Bush, but I object to this kind of gossip and armchair diagnosis.
Speculation? Evidentially prominent collegial in his field would disagree with you.
From the article wrote:Dr. Frank's conclusions have been praised by other prominent psychiatrists, including Dr. James Grotstein, Professor at UCLA Medical Center, and Dr. Irvin Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School.
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jGilder wrote:
Speculation? Evidentially prominent collegial in his field would disagree with you.
From the article wrote:Dr. Frank's conclusions have been praised by other prominent psychiatrists, including Dr. James Grotstein, Professor at UCLA Medical Center, and Dr. Irvin Yalom, MD, Professor Emeritus at Stanford University Medical School.
They might agree with him, but that does not neccesarily mean their agrrement is based on fact and not opinion. :)
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Denny

Post by Denny »

DaleWisely wrote:Image
I just deleted a thread that begins with speculation about psychiatric illness in the President. I'm not a fan or a support of President Bush, but I object to this kind of gossip and armchair diagnosis.
:D :-? :o
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I would have to hear from those people themselves about their agreement. I certainly don't want to hear through this so-called reporter. I don't like Bush at all. I didn't like that article at all either.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Cynth wrote:I would have to hear from those people themselves about their agreement. I certainly don't want to hear through this so-called reporter. I don't like Bush at all. I didn't like that article at all either.

Agreed, and even if I heard from those folks, I still wouldn't put too much credence in it, since they have not examined him.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

That's ok, Dale. I'll be watching to see if this policy is dealt with fairly. I may be wrong, but there have been other articles posted here based on speculation that haven't been deleted.
missy

Post by missy »

jGilder wrote: That's ok, Dale. I'll be watching to see if this policy is dealt with fairly.
ah - and if it "isn't"???? It IS Dale's board, you know. As Grand Puhba he can do whatever he wants.
(I just thought with that current avatar, Dale should be referred to as Grand Puhba! :D )
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
TomB

Post by TomB »

jGilder wrote:
That's ok, Dale. I'll be watching to see if this policy is dealt with fairly. I may be wrong, but there have been other articles posted here based on speculation that haven't been deleted.

I think Dale's comment was in the realm of speculation concerning psychiatric illness. Come on, John, you know that Dale is no supporter of the President.

This might be a good time for you to take it up with Dale in a PM or something, and not argue with him here.

I mean no disrespect, I agree with many of your points of view and positions. If I've offended, I apologize.

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

missy wrote:
jGilder wrote: That's ok, Dale. I'll be watching to see if this policy is dealt with fairly.
ah - and if it "isn't"???? It IS Dale's board, you know. As Grand Puhba he can do whatever he wants.
(I just thought with that current avatar, Dale should be referred to as Grand Puhba! :D )
But he does consider hiself to be a fair person, does he not?
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I don't care so much one way or another about the psychiatric illness part, but can I please have my post back. The one about cranky old men picking fly specks off their glasses. I think I might want to use it again.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jGilder wrote:
Go ahead. Do your research and, please, by all means, "watch" me. But I could just save you the trouble by letting you know that I'm sure you'll find examples of inconsistent application of judgment on my part.

Dale