May Wright, 1936-2005

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

May Wright, 1936-2005

Post by Darwin »

Just a brief note to let y'all know that my wife, May, passed away yesterday, August 1st.

She was in the Arlington Memorial Hospital (in Arlington, TX) for treatment of a combination of pneumonia and congestive heart failure. The nurse on duty said that she was telling May about a procedure that they were going to do to try to help with her breathing problems, and May nodded, as if she understood. The nurse turned away for a moment, and when she turned back, May had stopped breathing. It seems to have been very peaceful. (We rather suspect that she was simply unwilling to put up with yet another invasive procedure.)

May had been in a skilled nursing facility for two months, for treatment of bed sores, when she began having difficulty breathing. They put her on antibiotics on the second day, but by the third day, it was bad enough that they decided to send her to the hospital. She was admitted on July 29th and seemed to be responding to treatment, but then had a relapse early on the 1st.

We're having her body cremated and will keep the urn at home for the time being. There being only a few family members who know her here, we will not be having any kind of ceremony.

In spite of the fact that we've been expecting her to go any time, it's still been an emotional time for the family. It's quite a relief to finally have her suffering ended, though, so no need for condolences. If she could have had her way, it wouldn't have taken nearly so long.

We were just four months away from our 40th wedding anniversary, and for the seven years since her stroke, I've been almost entirely focussed on her care, so I've got some heavy adjusting to do. It's still strange to think that I can just go out, get in the car, and go somewhere with hardly a second thought.

Hope everyone on C&F is doing well.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
carrie

Post by carrie »

You and your family will be in my thoughts as your wife has found her peace.

Carol
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Ah, Mike, ... May her spirit fly free, her soul rejoice, and your memories warm you through the tough times of it all. She'll still hear your music, I'd wager. 40 years of marriage is testament to the wealth of your relationship with her. May you adjust to the changes knowing she is happy.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

May peace be with you, Mike. You and May have been much in my thoughts throughout the time I've known you, and you will both continue to be.

With my best wishes,
Jerry
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Here's wishing you both peace and rest...
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I remember seeing some pictures of you and May, some from quite a long time ago. I am glad May doesn't have to struggle any more, but I am sorry for the hard time your family is going through.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

My sincerest condolences, Mike. May your best memories sustain you in this time.

Sincerely,
Tyg
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

May you find stregnth and peace and bask in the light of your fond memories.

Regards,

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
ShadowBG625
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

My condolences Mr. Wright. Know that you and your family are in my prayers...
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Peace to you and your family, Mike.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

My thoughts are with you, Mike.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Condolences. Sounds as though you've been a good
friend and husband. Jim
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

I am so sorry for your loss, Mike. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Deepest Sympathy.

We are all here for you and share your pain,

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Mike,
I can't claim to really know what you've been through, but you have my respect and admiration. I hope I could be as brave and committed in a similar situation. Peace to you both.

John
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."