Beating the Gas pinch!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Beating the Gas pinch!!!!

Post by Tyler »

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that, after a year and a half of rebuild and mechanichal restoration, my 1964 (1973 re-shell) Morris Mini 1000 will soon be back on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Later I plan to "Cooperize" it or even "V-tech" it, but for the next two or three years it will be all original!

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

The picture and the first line of your signature say it all. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jbarter wrote:The picture and the first line of your signature say it all. :D
Then a lunatic paint me! :lol:
My Mini is one of eight in Utah.
Happy minority!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Another way to beat the "gas" pinch...
http://www.gasbgon.com/gasmedic/
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

I forget how many Minis got trashed during the making of The Italian Job (the Michael Caine one, not the modern rubbish copy), but it was more than eight.

Luckily most of the chase sequence got re-used in a MacGyver episode.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Martin Milner wrote:I forget how many Minis got trashed during the making of The Italian Job (the Michael Caine one, not the modern rubbish copy), but it was more than eight.

Luckily most of the chase sequence got re-used in a MacGyver episode.
It was something like 50 or so....I cant remember for sure.

The Michael Caine version rocks. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. :D
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

More pics of my Mini.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Tyler Morris wrote: Image
Wait... the steering wheel... it's... ON THE WRONG SIDE!
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Congratulations wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote: Image
Wait... the steering wheel... it's... ON THE WRONG SIDE!
Oh YES inddeedie!!!! It is Right Hand Drive!!!!!! :D :D It really throws people off and takes very little time to get used to! :lol:
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I can just see it, scrunched between the front wheels of a jacked-up pickup, getting dragged along, trailing sparks with the wildly gesticulatin' Ty inside.

A cute death-trap tin can...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
scottielvr

Re: Beating the Gas pinch!!!!

Post by scottielvr »

Tyler Morris wrote: .... Later I plan to "Cooperize" it or even "V-tech" it, but for the next two or three years it will be all original!
Nice work! Congrats on a job well done. By all means, Cooperize it later... Let us know how you get on.

Meanwhile, I'm saving up for one of these little fellas...visions of Autocross... :wink:

or...maybe this one:

chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Martin Milner wrote:I forget how many Minis got trashed during the making of The Italian Job (the Michael Caine one, not the modern rubbish copy), but it was more than eight.
I've been trying and trying to remember the name of that movie! It's the one with Benny Hill as the computer genius, right? And the Mini Coopers driving on the sidewalks?
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

chas wrote:
I've been trying and trying to remember the name of that movie! It's the one with Benny Hill as the computer genius, right? And the Mini Coopers driving on the sidewalks?
yeah, benny hill has the hots for older ladies! its a riot!
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

The Weekenders wrote:I can just see it, scrunched between the front wheels of a jacked-up pickup, getting dragged along, trailing sparks with the wildly gesticulatin' Ty inside.

http://www.bridger.us/2002/12/16/CrashT ... VsFordF150
this is for the new mini.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

The Weekenders wrote:I can just see it, scrunched between the front wheels of a jacked-up pickup, getting dragged along, trailing sparks with the wildly gesticulatin' Ty inside.

Check this out!