Pipe makers near from France

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Birl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Pipe makers near from France

Post by Birl »

Hello,
I live in France and i would like to begin with the uilleann pipes, but i don't really know wich makers should i ask for a set.
Most pipers said that it was better to choose a local pipe maker. Do you know some makers in the european continent ?
I have heard that Brendan Ring, the famous piper, live in Brittany and make pipes, hope to see him in saint Chartier festival. Also know Marc van Daal in the Nederlands.
Please Help ! :cry:
Merci ! :)
piper91

Post by piper91 »

Hello Birl

Welcome in the crazy world of Uilleann Piping

See your PM
me zo ganet e kreiz er mor
onkel
antispam: No

Post by onkel »

Andreas Rogge does not live too far away from the French-German border. I got one of his POM practise sets last year and I'm more than happy with it. Great sound, reliable and no wait, he has them in stock!
http://uilleann-pipes.de

Good luck
Claus
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

Brendan Ring is in Brittany.
http://www.brendanring.com/

Tommy
Elmek

Post by Elmek »

Saint Chartier - Chris Bayley is down on their list of makers and usually has a set to try and would be worth checking out. He is in Surrey within easy reach of the channel ports.

Contact him direct to see what he is taking - he is a member of this forum or follow links from the NPU or LPC sites

His chanter design is interesting and is extremely comfortable and easy to play. His concert chanters have a good sweet almost "flat" set tone, good volume, in tune throughout both registers and jump the octave easily.
Birl

Post by Birl »

thank you for your informations.
I think that Brendan and Bayley are both in saint Chartier festival. I will see them.
cheers ! :wink:
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Bonjour Birl et bienvenue,

Il y a deux très bon site Web qui donnent des coordonnées des fabricants:

http://www.pipers.ie/en/pipemakers.lasso
http://www.uilleannobsession.com/links_makers.html

De plus, ici tu trouvera des liens aux divers clubs à travers le monde (il y en a plusieurs en France ainsi qu'au Québec :wink: ):

http://www.uilleannobsession.com/links_piping.html
PJ
Birl

Post by Birl »

Merci PJ !
Voilà de quoi alimenter mes recherches "uilleanniesques" :)
j'ai déja pris contact avec Na Piobairi à Paris, je pense effectivement que c'est la meilleur chose à faire.
C'est bon d'écrire dans sa langue, merci de m'en donner l'occasion !
Mais d'ailleur si tu vis à Quebec, tu as peut etre vu/entendu un set de O'Grady ? ton opinion m'interresse :wink:
@ bientôt
Birl
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

J'ai eu le plaisir de jouer 2 sets de NO'G. Je les ai bien aimés. Les chanters sont faciles à jouer, pas trop bruyants, pas trop de pression.

Cependant, trois personnes m'ont raconté la même critique par rapport au grand bourdon: le grand bourdon a deux "support" près du résonateur. Dans les trois cas, la même pièce (un des supports) s'est démanchée et devait être soudée de nouveau.
PJ
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Où est-ce que tu habites? Il est probablement plus important d'avoir un accès facile au facteur pour les problèmes de prise en main, d'anche (on bousille toujours sa première anche ;-) )etc. que de chercher d'emblée à choisir le meilleur facteur du monde.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Mike Hulme
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

St Chartier Festival

Post by Mike Hulme »

I will be over at St Chartier next month, and I will be bringing a couple of sets by Chris Bayley; a barrel drone half set and a Taylor style set. They are easy to play and sound lovely. You are very welcome to come and try them out, with the maker present to answer questions.

Cheers,

Mike

p.s. Marc Guilloux from the French Piper's Club should be around. He will be able to give you advice.
Birl

Post by Birl »

Salut Roger o'Keeffe,
j'habite en région parisienne, et je suis d'accord avec toi ! c'est pourquoi j'ai posté cette discussion. Toi meme, a tu quelques infos sur certains pipes ? Ton avis est le bienvenu !
merci !
Birl

Post by Birl »

Hello Mike;
I have some informations from Chris. Bayley about his pipes. I would be please to hear them in saint Chartier. He also told me he will come with one of his costumers for help, i guess that "he" is you :wink: !
And i will go to the Paris Na piobairi and have a talk with some pipers (of whom Marc Guilloux may be).
Anyway, see you in Saint Chartier !
Cheers for now.
carel

Post by carel »

Bonjour Birl

I have never been in saint Chartier festival.
Is there a lot about uilleann pipes as well?

Charles
gandalfouille

Post by gandalfouille »

Intéresse toi aux pipes fabriqués par ARPHA les luthiers Espagnols...
C'est excellent et les pipers en France commence à bien les connaître. Du coup tu auras beaucoup de personnes pour t'aider et te conseiller pour débuter avec un instrument de chez eux.

Ils ont un contact en France va voir leur site www.arhpa.com

Sans compter qu'un grand que dis-je, un immense maker, n'hésite pas à les recommander!!!

Avec eux les délais sont courts et l'upgrade impeccable!!!

@+
gg