Whistle carrying case?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mojo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Mojo »

Does anybody know where to find a protective carrying case for say 1-4 whistles? I've searched high and low and in between and not found something casual to do the job. Sure the high end whistles may come in fancy boxes, but what about for your average whistle? Is there a basic fabric or leather pouch of about 15 inches with some kind of strap for easy carrying out there? Does anybody know if these are available on the web someplace or do you have to find a craftworker to customize one?
Would love any leads anybody has on this.
Thanks,
Joe
JimmyM

Post by JimmyM »

I'm think NancyF can make good whislte bags - search for her on this board
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Mojo, this was brought up a short time ago. Try this link:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... &forum=1&1
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Try Tuffbaggs.com
Not cheap, but their stuff is really excellent. They make a lot of other useful bags and totes too.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Barney-O

Post by Barney-O »

Amen to Tuffbags!
I got one at Andy's Front Hall(Near Albany,NY) last summer. I got the smaller of two available sizes and it cost about $70. It is made of very good grad canvas and has twocarry straps(short and sholder length) It has a zippered top and side pocket and an open side pocket. The one I got holds 10 or 12 soprano whistles up to and including a Susato Bb,with plenty of room for sheet music/cheatsheets,etc. and other accessories in the side pockets. Can even got a mic and cord in between the whistles.
IMHO well worth the price.

Keith
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

Go to any music shop and pick up a drum stick bag - they can be found for as little as $10. You can put several whistles in them and they usually have a carrying hanlde and a shoulder strap.
Cheers Image
Gerry
Think before you Think before you Post!
Bala

Post by Bala »

http://www.songsea.com/tinwhist.htm#Case
There are several on this sight. I don't know about the quality or anything though.
Bala
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

I carry a whistle with me wherever I go... and here lately it's usually a high-end one too.
What I'd love to have is some sort of re-enforced pouch that I could carry on my belt... or anywhere else convenient to reach.
I learned the hard way not to carry whistles in your back pocket, and I even dented one when I slipped in hydraulic fluid at work and fell down... I was carrying that one in my hand.
Luckily both were cheapies, but like I said earlier in this post... I've got in the habit of carrying a high-end whistle around with me.
Any suggestions for a safer and more convenient way to keep a whistle handy than in the padded canvas pouch I'm using now?
I'm sure there's a better way... there must be!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: raindog1970 on 2002-03-07 12:06 ]</font>
selkie

Post by selkie »

Tony Dixon Uk http://www.tonydixonmusic.co.uk/bagsandcases.html has just started selling them. Hard cases, padded bags and flutes cases as well.
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Mike Burke has a nice roll up case for up to 8/9 whistles. JP
Paul Patrick

Post by Paul Patrick »

On 2002-03-07 12:03, raindog1970 wrote:
What I'd love to have is some sort of re-enforced pouch that I could carry on my belt...
Not helpful for Mojo's original post but perhaps for Raindog - the Whistle Shop does the belt pouch thing. I've never tried it myself, but here 'tis:

http://www.thewhistleshop.com/catalog/w ... h/belt.htm
paulsdad

Post by paulsdad »

I guess you could always buy a piece of PVC pipe, glue a cap on one end and leave the cap loose on the other end. That would work as a convenient travel case for one whistle...especially if you wrap the whistle in a piece of soft cloth before putting it in the PVC tube.

I've been meaning to make one of those in my spare time.......if I ever get any!
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

I made myself a whistle case out of 3 inch abs tubing.

Works really well!

If you want one for a few high end whistles, just get a smaller piece and use that!

Friend of mine uses that and he likes it!

Nico
Byll
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Hard pool cue cases are available from distributors for less than $35. With some open-cell foam and a razor blade, custom slots can be cut for between 4 and 5 mixed length whistles. The cases really do a great job at protecting the instruments.
Cheers.
Byll
BrianW

Post by BrianW »

Mojo,

I have photos of two hardwood multi whistle cases that I have. If you will contact me by email, I'll send the photos to you with information on how to have one made.

bweidmer@aol.com

Brian