Sincere Apology (Comments not required) Thanks

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
KDMARTINKY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sincere Apology (Comments not required) Thanks

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Sunday Night 6/4/05 I went and looked at every comment I have made in each thread since joining C & F. Although the majority were positive, I began to feel shame for my comments I have made toward Talbert St. Claire and others of the board. I actually felt a deep sad feeling inside as I read each negative post I had written.

I wanted to take this opportunity publicly to apologize to Talbert and to the other board members for my negative comments. Anyone who knows me or has met me knows that these comments do not reflect who I am, but someone I wish not to become.

So as of 6/6/05, at 11:23pm (central time) I am stating that no more negative comments will be posted by me on this board or any other board in regards to any person for whom I do or do not agree with.

Its time to turn my negative energy to a positive one which will hopefully make me a better person and whistle player.

So please accept my apology for my past behavior.

Thanks
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

There is a saying, "an insincere gesture of friendship, is better than a sincere gesture of hostility." This goes double for close relationships such as spouse, siblings, parents.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Well said, and I commend you for it.
Words, even in jest, can really hurt and have unforseen consequences. Often, they hurt and belittle the speaker even more than the target of the words. Hope everyone on the board reads your perceptive and sensitive posting.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Amen.

Best wishes,
Jerry
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

Aye.

It's not been that long ago I was reading through my own posts and realizing how many times I'd been a jerk, as well. I PM'd lots of apologies to folks (and probably missed a few).

--James
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Most excellent, dude!
Anyone who knows me or has met me knows that these comments do not reflect who I am, but someone I wish not to become.
I figured that.

Occaisionally we need to have a mirror put in front of us so that we see just what we reflect. I've had others do that for me, and although offended and embarassed at the time, I am thankful they took the time and chance... I am a better person for it.

It takes a pretty darned good egg to take that reflection seriously and make the changes. Glad to know you.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

KDMARTINKY, I can relate. Folks think I have a high post count now, but it'd be higher if not for the posts I've thought better about and deleted.
Reasonable person
Walden
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

You wouldn't notice your negative posts if the vast majority of them weren't positive. That is good!

I'm sure we all have little buttons that can get pushed and we find ourselves saying things we later wish we hadn't even been capable of. But we are human. I myself find walking away really hard to do after a certain point.

Your comments have been very thought provoking for me, so they have already served a good purpose and I know your self-examination will be beneficial for you too.

BillChin wrote:There is a saying, "an insincere gesture of friendship, is better than a sincere gesture of hostility."
I wish I had read this a couple days ago! Very interesting way of thinking about things.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Kevin, I for one appreciate the post. There have been times when I should have taken the same attitude, and I hope in the future I have the same good sense to step back and reevaluate. Thanks for showing how and being classy....

Bill, respectfully, I disagree. Insincerety is not something I want in my relationships. An insincere 'act' of friendship must not be trusted under any circumstance as the deceiver then can do great mischief with a smile on his face. Honest hostility I at least know where I stand and can handle in whatever manner is appropriate. I wonder if our viewpoints are culturally based.

Tyg
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
markbell

Post by markbell »

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend; But the kisses of an enemy are profuse."
-Proverbs 27:6
sibilo ergo sum
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Tyghress wrote:... Bill, respectfully, I disagree. Insincerety is not something I want in my relationships. An insincere 'act' of friendship must not be trusted under any circumstance as the deceiver then can do great mischief with a smile on his face. Honest hostility I at least know where I stand and can handle in whatever manner is appropriate. I wonder if our viewpoints are culturally based. Tyg
BillChin wrote:
There is a saying, "an insincere gesture of friendship, is better than a sincere gesture of hostility."

I had misread that earlier, as "a sincere act of friendship..." and thought it interesting... now, having it clarified, I am not so sure. I suppose any act of friendship is better than one of hostility, but, like Tyg, I much prefer honesty in either case.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Tyghress, I took BillChin's saying to mean not to speak in haste---like if I'm mad at the world or in a bad mood, to not say something I will later regret. I agree that if insincerity was the rule in a relationship, that would not be a good relationship or if there was a constant underlying hostility, that would be bad and would best be exposed. There are those little moments, I think, when it is just best to keep your mouth shut. It may depend on how long a person has been married. :lol:

I don't know if this is what it means though.
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

Maith Leat a Keith!!!

Good on you Keith!!!

You are a "seeker after truth" but dont be too hard on yourself while still attached to the physical realm - because after all you are human!!

Beannacht Dé ort.
Tony McGinley

<i><b>"The well-being of mankind,
its peace and security,
are unattainable unless and until
its unity is firmly established."
<i><b>
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

BillChin wrote:There is a saying, "an insincere gesture of friendship, is better than a sincere gesture of hostility." This goes double for close relationships such as spouse, siblings, parents.
And so was born "political correctness." :)

I'd rather know who wishes me ill, personally.
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
FJohnSharp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

What I hate about KDMARTINKY is that it's one of those names that sticks in my head and I keep saying it to myself over and over and over. I have no idea why. I think it's the TINKY part. There's a woman in my office who's name I do that with too. There is no TINKY in her name at all. But it's one of those names that looks like it's pronounced one way and it's really pronounced another. I don't see her as often as I see posts by KDMARTINKY.

It usually goes away after a while.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony