Yamaha YFL-285SII

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
TiffersFlute

Yamaha YFL-285SII

Post by TiffersFlute »

I have a flute and I would like to know a little about it. Is there a way you can look at this picture and tell me if its a Inset or offset G-line, Opened Holed, c foot?
http://storage.msn.com/x1p4JHjVbcjTC-Tm ... MSnpmzC1qQ
Aerowhip
antispam: No

Yamaha flute

Post by Aerowhip »

It's definitely a C foot (only 2 Open holes on the foot), and an inline-G. It should be an open-holed model, though from this photo it looks as though someone may be using the little plastic plugs for the keys of the left hand and first finger of the right. If my info it right, this is a fairly beginner-level flute, maybe silver plated but no solid silver pieces. I hope this is helpful?
TiffersFlute

Post by TiffersFlute »

Yes thank you very very much. I've had this flute for a couple of years but never really knew exactly what I had. Thank you very much again.
Tiffany
Tom O'Farrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tom O'Farrell »

It's an in-line G, open hole, C foot. I have the closed hole version. Model 225 S2 but with an off-set G. Of all of the student flutes I think it the best I have played. Yamaha's are often recommended by flute teachers for beginners. More so than most flutes is my understanding. I keep mine well oiled or the keys get noisy.
Tom O'Farrell.
www.tomofarrell.ca