FS - J. Gallagher, Copeland flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
TerryB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS - J. Gallagher, Copeland flutes

Post by TerryB »

You've heard the story before - I'm rounding up funds for a keyed Olwell in the not-too-distant (hopefully) future. Consequently, the following two fine flutes are for sale:

The John Gallagher flute is his R&R-style small-holed model. Keyless, tuning slide, silver rings. Impeccable craftsmanship and the easiest flute on the hands and the lungs I've played (including the McGee GLP model). Thread-wrapped tenons, well cared for, excellent condition. Includes soft case. $900 includes U.S. shipping.

The Michael Copeland flute is made from rare and beautiful 30-year-old Brazilian rosewood stock with brass rings and tuning slide. According to the Copeland website, these flutes "use a design based on the Prowse style with a larger bore and tone holes than period French and German style makers from the mid-Nineteenth century." This flute is also in excellent condition and comes with a custom Cavallaro soft case. $800 includes U.S. shipping.

I don't have photos to post right now, but if anyone wants them I can shoot some. I prefer emails to PMs, but you can contact me either way.

Thanks,

Terry
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

hi Terry,

do you know any links to sound clips of the Gallagher?
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Hi lixnaw,

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any sound clips on the 'net. Anyone else? I believe, however, that a number of Gallagher owners have commented on the tone of his flutes on this board. I would agree with the comments that you can get surprising volume and a solid bell note for a flute with such small finger holes and low breath requirements.

Terry
Doc Jones
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

Terry sent me some pictures of the Copeland to post at the site below.

http://irishflutestore.com/POFlutes.html

Very nice looking flute. :)

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

A old short-foot blackwood Copeland which I got from Terry is a great player - not to be sold any time soon.

Kevin Krell
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the plug (even if it involves a different Copeland flute). I'm glad you're still enjoying it!

Terry

P.S. And thanks to you also, Doc, for posting the pictures for me.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Terry is the only thing (well, the only thing other than the really good bread at one particular bakery) that I miss about Nashville!!

Buy his flutes.

:)
~JessieD
Blayne Chastain
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Blayne Chastain »

JessieK wrote:Terry is the only thing (well, the only thing other than the really good bread at one particular bakery) that I miss about Nashville!!

Buy his flutes.

Would that be Provence? Mmmm... Dancing Goats Coffee...
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Yes, Provence - but Panera's and Bread & Company aren't bad either!

Thanks, Jessie. I feel a little guilty communicating with you on the board like this since I've been out of touch for so long. Finals - and another school year - are almost over, though!

I've got some strong interest in both flutes, but nothing definite yet.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread, my oldest son Nathan leaves today (Thursday) for a summer-long internship in the Republic of Georgia. All prayers and/or good thoughts would be appreciated.

Terry
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

Good thoughts to you and your son. Talkin' about Georgia, USA, or...?

So ~ anybody spoken for these fine flutes yet?

Mary
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the good thoughts. We're taking about Georgia as in formerly part of the Soviet Union. These are interesting times for the country as it continues to emerge from that large shadow, but not the most stable time. Nathan flies through New York, then London, where their elections make the situation more interesting than usual (cf. the incident at the British embassy in NY today), and then on to Tiblisi, where President Bush is scheduled to visit soon. All of those circumstances probably make for a Political Science/Public Policy student's dream, but not for his dad!

Thanks again,

Terry
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

My Goodness. Good luck to Nathan (and the other three of you, in dealing with it -- missing him, worrying)!

I just FINALLY put together a sweet black and white wedding album (my mom got me a photo printer, yay!), so we've been looking at pictures of you.

~JessieD
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Jessie,

I think black-and-white pictures are great. I'd love to see that album, but if you're looking at pictures of me from your wedding day, something's wrong! :)

After a few glitches, my son finally made it to the Republic of Georgia. He said he has a very nice host family. Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers, but I wouldn't mind having them continue.

To keep this thread somewhat on-topic, the Gallagher has sold but the Copeland is still available.

Terry