Little Black Generation

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DaveG
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DaveG »

The ultimate tweak for a sad Generation D. My Generation was so bad that it was unplayable. I bought a Little Black Whistle fipple from the Whistle Shop and after a layer of teflon tape to seal the head..The perfect sounding Generation. clear tone,a bit of chiff,low wind requirement.2 plus octaves,and not bad looking,rathe like a Oak.
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

Stick that LBW fipple on a Feadog, Oak or Acorn tube and you'll really have a great inexpensive whistle.
All three of those are more in tune than a Generation tube, and the two-finger C natural is better too.
Don't forget to do the Sticky-Tack tweak... it really is quite an improvement.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
ysgwd

Post by ysgwd »

Raindog,
Thanks for encouraging the sticky tack tweek on the LBFeadog. After putting the LB head on my Feadog, the upper octave still sounded so gargly, I gave up. This sticky tack tweek totally fixed the problem!
Lisa
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I love my hybred Genreation D and Walton Little Black D fipple! As lose to perfect as a cheap whistle gets, don't forget the teflon plumbers tape, though!