Don't go there! Where? Sorry, can't tell you!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
glauber
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Don't go there! Where? Sorry, can't tell you!

Post by glauber »

Here's a funny article on ridiculous secrecy. It seems the Americans are ordering their airplane pilots not to fly over certain security-sensitive areas or they will be forced down by fighter jets. There is a small problem: the location of these sensitive areas is secret.

So i guess the pilots now have to watch and pay attention to areas where they see other planes being shot down by military jets, and stay away from those areas.
:twisted:

And you thought airplane passengers had it bad...
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

glauber wrote:So i guess the pilots now have to watch and pay attention to areas where they see other planes being shot down by military jets, and stay away from those areas.
Well, of course. And it's much more fun than relying on some cog's drab and probably unreliable coordinates to do the job for you, reason and efficiency be damned. At least the government will have saved a tree or two from peril by cutting further paperwork.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Nanohedron wrote:efficiency be damned. At least the government will have saved a tree or two from peril by cutting further paperwork.

I find that to be a great consolation..

Slan,
D. (hic...)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

dubhlinn wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:efficiency be damned. At least the government will have saved a tree or two from peril by cutting further paperwork.

Slan,
D. (hic...)
Just here to be helpful, my friend.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Nanohedron wrote:
dubhlinn wrote:

Slan,
D. (hic...)
Just here to be helpful, my friend.
Every bit helps :wink:

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

People in the government must be getting stupider by the second.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Unseen122 wrote:People in the government must be getting stupider by the second.
Nah. This kind of thing was already going on when I joined the Army in 1962. Having spent my entire career in Intel, I could tell you some very funny stories along this line, but I'm afraid that whistles may not be permitted in Federal penitentiaries. :sniffle:
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Ah... yes... the ever ...ummm... interesting... yeah... the ever interesting American indgenuity... (cough)...

I am an American. I am proud of many things about America. I am just hard pressed to come up with many of them the last few years.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Denny

Post by Denny »

anniemcu wrote:Ah... yes... the ever ...ummm... interesting... yeah... the ever interesting American indgenuity... (cough)...

I am an American. I am proud of many things about America. I am just hard pressed to come up with many of them the last few years.
Ah, which years are good for you?
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Any where a Bush is not in office. :wink:
teeisblue

Post by teeisblue »

Any where a Bush is not in office.
Totally agree. This country has turned to crap, and it's encouraging all the people in it to agree to a double standard.
"We want to eliminate the deficit...so let's spend billions on a war we don't need, on a trumped-up reason."
"We're working for the common man...so let's raise gas prices so the people driving an hour away from home for a minimum wage job have to spend their entire paycheck on gas."

Did anyone watch the Jeff Foxworthy Roast the other night? The Bush impersonater was hilarious. "Yes, I am concerned about the deficit. That is why I have sent a proposal to Cangress for the sale of Canada." Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!
Music, like religion, unconditionally brings in its train all the moral virtues to the heart it enters, even though that heart is not in the least worthy.
Jean Baptiste Montegut
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Denny wrote:
anniemcu wrote:Ah... yes... the ever ...ummm... interesting... yeah... the ever interesting American indgenuity... (cough)...

Ah, which years are good for you?
LEt's see... I think 1966 was pretty good... no wait, we moved to Baltimore that year... um... Oh! 1982 was good! And I know there were a couple of others in there ... I almost remember... Oh! Wait! It's the years I was too busy doing other things to notice what the gummint was doing... those were the good ones! :D
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com