Chris Norman Workshop, Scotland,

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
pandscarr
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Chris Norman Workshop, Scotland,

Post by pandscarr »

Hi Everyone,

Chris Norman is coming back to Scotland in May, and will be available for a workshop on Sunday, May 15, provided there's enough interest. The workshop will be held in the Dunkeld area, probably in Dalguise Village Hall, 5 miles north of Dunkeld. Chris is a great teacher - wooden or silver flute players, from reasonably competent and on, will enjoy the day.

If you're interested in attending, please send me a private message, or email me at pandscarr @ btinternet . com (remove the spaces, put in to avoid spam),

Look forward to hearing from you,

Pamela
Little Impulse by Brian Finnegan

...not all who wander are lost...
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

session on Saturday ??

Post by kenny »

Anyone going to this interested in a session on the Saturday afternoon - the "Tap" bar, next to the "Birnam Hotel" in Birnam by Dunkeld ? Please let me know.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Kelpie

Post by Kelpie »

I'm in england for just a few days and talk about serendipity - count me in! What is accommodation like around there. I'd be happy to sleep in my car if I have to but you never know..
Yes of course it was meant to sound that way!
kenny

Session in Birnam/Dunkeld

Post by kenny »

Great if you can make it, “kelpie” . One minor detail though – you say you are in England next week-end. Very good, but Birnam and Dalguise are smack in the centre of Scotland ! I’ve done a check, and if you’re coming north on the west side of the country, you’d have 144 miles to go between Carlisle and Perth, and if on the east, 166 miles from Newcastle to Perth. Birnam is a further 20 miles from Perth, up the A9 on the road to the Highlands and Inverness. There’s a lot of England south of Newcastle and Carlisle, so depending on where you’re starting from, you could be driving a fair distance – please check a map first !
Also , if you want to do Chris's workshop, and haven’t registered with Pamela for the course, please be sure to do so before heading north. She told me she has 8 confirmed, and another possible 5 attendees. There may be a limit to the overall size of the class, so I can’t emphasise enough how important it would be to book your place on the course in advance.
As far as a session is concerned, I’ll contact the hotel to check this is OK. At the very worst, less than a mile across the river Tay is the “Taybank” Hotel, which used to be owned by Dougie McLean. It still actively welcomes musicians, and a tune would be guaranteed there. There’s plenty of accommodation in and around Dunkeld. Scottish Tourist Board website is - www.visitscotland.com and there is a campsite nearby too, at Inver.
There is a series if Bed & Breakfast places in Birnam about 1 minutes walk from the Birnam hotel. I’ve stayed in a couple of them myself, and they are OK. Dalguise, where the workshop and concert take place is about a 10 minute drive up the A9 from Birnam and Dunkeld.
Hope to meet up with you at the week-end, but please keep an eye on this thread, and I’ll let you know of any developments, good or bad.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

Gosh, Kenny - that was great! I must remember to engage you as a publicist next time round <lol>! The workshop, by the way, will be held at the Taybank - not in Dalguise as originally mooted. The concert will be in Dalguise Hall, 7:30 pm that evening.

Kelpie - I've emailed you the Taybank's phone number.

A session Saturday afternoon would be fun - I'll ask at the Tap tonight, and post tomorrow.

regards,

Pamela

pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

The Tap at the Birnam House Hotel is fine for us to have a session on Saturday, from 2pm.

Look forward to seeing you,

Pamela

PS A couple of places are still available if anyone wants to come to Chris's workshop.

Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Can anyone give me an address where I can find Chris Norman's venue. I searched google and could not fine any website or other info.
Thanks,
Nelson
pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

Can anyone give me an address where I can find Chris Norman's venue. I searched google and could not fine any website or other info
I'm not sure what you're asking - the "venue" of the workshop is at the Taybank Hotel, Dunkeld which is a small town in Highland Perthshire, Scotland, about 50 miles north of Edinburgh.

Chris Norman has a website with details of his Boxwood Flute Schools - see www.boxwood.org

regards,

kenny

Dalguise

Post by kenny »

"Taybank" hotel in Dunkeld has a website, but the workshop venue was moved there only a few days ago, so there may not be anything about it on their website unless it's been updated in the past week.
Dalguise is about 7 miles north of Dunkeld. The hall is very small, and very easy to drive past, so I hope the organisers will have it well signposted.
pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

workshop venue was moved there only a few days ago,
Actually, we decided to hold the workshop there a couple of months ago - and everyone who contacted me interested in attending was notified.

Nelson, Kelpie or anyone else - if you're thinking about coming to the workshop, you need to contact me ASAP for booking, details etc.

I guess it's time to close this thread?

regards,

Pamela

kenny

oops

Post by kenny »

My mistake - sorry. See you Saturday.
pandscarr

Post by pandscarr »

:o No bother -

see you Saturday.