Chocolate

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Chocolate

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I keep seeing the commercials on TV about chocolate. They appear before I can press the remote to change channels. When this occurs, I feel simply helpless. I rush to the cabinet in the kitchen, where I keep my private stash, and I indulge. I know that I am not an addict, but I can't help myself. Does anyone else have a similar issue?
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

This is a problem?? :o

~Judy
missy

Post by missy »

you need a commercial first???? :o

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
rebl_rn

Post by rebl_rn »

There's nothing wrong with that!!! Chocolate is good for you :D

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcen ... colate.htm
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Doug, it could be worse at least every time you see a beer commercial you don't go running for a Gunniess. I some times get a craving myself but it is usalluy not a because of commercial.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Hershey's dark chocolate candy bars used to be vegan (and along with Fritos and diet Coke, made up my entire diet). Then they put milk in them. They're still good, though... :-|
dapple

Post by dapple »

Thank you for that information, rebl_rn.

While visiting my parents during Christmas, I found that Dad had posted in their kitchen a list of healthy foods one should eat regularly: Fish, the usual suspects of fruits and vegetables, garlic, red wine, almonds . . . and dark chocolate. Since then, for the sake of my own good health, of course, I have been making myself eat dark chocolate chips mixed with almonds. It’s been rough but, after all, I want to stay healthy.
Last edited by dapple on Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ David
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

missy wrote:you need a commercial first???? :o

Missy
My thought exactly Missy :lol: If I only wanted some when I saw a commercial, I'd never eat chocolate again! But you know, that would make for a very sad existence
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Nothing makes me happier than a one-pound bar of Hershey's Special Dark. Unless it's Godiva dark or Ghirardelli dark, but Hershey's is more in my budget. ;)

And I certainly don't need a commercial to get me in the mood! :lol:
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Cranberry wrote:Hershey's dark chocolate candy bars used to be vegan (and along with Fritos and diet Coke, made up my entire diet). Then they put milk in them. They're still good, though... :-|
Ive always thought that cows needed to be milked and that not doing so can cause distress to the animal.If this is true whats the problem with drinking the milk?

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Jack

Post by Jack »

dubhlinn wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Hershey's dark chocolate candy bars used to be vegan (and along with Fritos and diet Coke, made up my entire diet). Then they put milk in them. They're still good, though... :-|
Ive always thought that cows needed to be milked and that not doing so can cause distress to the animal.If this is true whats the problem with drinking the milk?

Slan,
D.
The milk is meant for the baby cows, not people?
missy

Post by missy »

Cran - we're not Veggan, but I wrote to Hersey's to complain when they started putting milk in their Special Dark. I've got a son allergic to milk and that was one easily available chocolate that we could get for him (Ghiardelli is also milk free, but a little harder to find, and more expensive).

Missy
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Jack

Post by Jack »

Did they reply at all?
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Probably not. I have a friend who is Vegan and she doesn't eat/drink dairy because they impregnate the Cows usually artificially she once said to me dairy is rape.
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

I just finished reading "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to my kids - it reminded me of the Chocolate Television that Mr. Wonka makes to transport chocolate across a room. His desire to send chocolate to viewers anywhere at any time. Simply order it, reach into the television to get it and enjoy!

If only ;-)
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\