Way OT: Dreaming in b/w or color

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

Are the majority of your dreams in b/w, or are they in color?

B/W (black and white)
3%
Color
97%

Total votes: 36

aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Way OT: Dreaming in b/w or color

Post by aderyn_du »

I didn't know that there were a lot of people who dream in black and white until it was brought up in Cran's dream thread... now I'm terribly curious. :P
emmline

Post by emmline »

Well, all 100% of us thus far, (2) are technicolor. I prefer to remember when my French was fluent enough that I dreamed in French. Am trying to recapture the proficiency by choosing mostly foreign language reading material.
Crevan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Crevan »

I was once told that a person cannot dream "in colour". My dreams seem colourful enough to me though.
-Kevin
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Somebody please correct me on this, but I seem to recall a correlation with color dreaming and creativity. It may be that Chiffdom is awash in color dreamers. Of course, I'm sure that there are brilliant musicians out there who dream in monochrome. I don't belive in absolutes in this sort of thing.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Emmline (I'd say Emm but I don't want to accidentally offend), if you're a Harry Potter fan you should get the Potter books in French. I have the first one in Irish and it's incredible how incomprehensible it is. I have a long way to go.

I got one of the books in Spanish from the library once, that was a bit more productive!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I dream in color fer sure.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:-?
Black and White are colours aren't they?

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
emmline

Post by emmline »

avanutria wrote:Emmline (I'd say Emm but I don't want to accidentally offend), if you're a Harry Potter fan you should get the Potter books in French. I have the first one in Irish and it's incredible how incomprehensible it is. I have a long way to go.

I got one of the books in Spanish from the library once, that was a bit more productive!
Precisely what I'm awaiting from Amazon (have read them in English.)Funny that the French name is Harry Potter and the School of Sorcery.
I've found several websites for French booksellers (alapage.com, chapitre.com,) but it's hard to "browse" online, so it's nice to know what you're after ahead of time.
Have finished Le Fantome de l'Opera which, unfortunately, was an abridgement, but it was a good start.
E, Em, Emm, Emml, Emmli, Emmlin, Emmline, Emily, you there. You pick.
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

I like "Emmli" :D
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Too true, too true, dear dubh (may I call you that, or will you be offended and start a thread??)...

Alas, I should have used 'monochrome' but it's too late to change it now. :P
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

aderyn_du wrote:Too true, too true, dear dubh (may I call you that, or will you be offended and start a thread??)...

Alas, I should have used 'monochrome' but it's too late to change it now. :P
Fine by me...
Slan,
D. :)
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I dream in color as well, which would include black and white. ;) I don't think I've ever dreamed in JUST black and white though. It seems weird to me that anyone would. Maybe Glauber does though....he being a dog and all that. ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
lyrick

Post by lyrick »

I'm a bird lover, and regularly have dreams in which I see glorious, multi-colored, giant irridescent birds. My reaction in the dream is a mixture of awe and thinking "is that a real bird or is this a dream?...it's not like any bird I know...maybe it's some exotic tropical thing." When I wake up I remember the dream and have a good laugh but I also remember the feeling of awe I had and how beautiful it was. These are some of my favorite dreams.
Love...Serve...Remember
Danner

Post by Danner »

When I actually dream and remember my dreams, I don't dream in pictures at all. :-? I never see anything in my dreams. Sometimes I feel stuff in my dream, but mostly it's like I read my dream. I kinda hear/make up a description of what's happening, but I never "see" it. I dunno if that makes any sense, but whatever.
"'Tis deeds, not blood, which determine the worth of a being." -Dennis L. McKiernan
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Danner wrote:When I actually dream and remember my dreams, I don't dream in pictures at all. :-? I never see anything in my dreams. Sometimes I feel stuff in my dream, but mostly it's like I read my dream. I kinda hear/make up a description of what's happening, but I never "see" it. I dunno if that makes any sense, but whatever.
Danner, I've had that happen before so I actually know what you're talking about. It's kind of a trip! When it happens, I tend to wonder if I'm receiving messages of some sort. vs. a dream when it's usually my subconscious working something out...