Tales of Happiness and of WhOA

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Tales of Happiness and of WhOA

Post by izzarina »

can you believe it? A ON topic thread started by me! Must be (almost) a first :wink:
Not too long ago, I inquired here about Sweetheart whistles, wondering what everyone thought of them. I got a lot of great responses, and I also got an email from a fellow chiffer who was thinking of selling her Sweetheart. She wasn't in any hurry, she said, and I wasn't able to purchase it at that time. This was very traumatic for me, since I really REALLY wanted to buy it from her. But she said that she could check back in a month or so, to see if I might want to buy it then, since she knew that I really was interested.
Fast forward to today...today is the Epiphany (which we celebrate at our house by giving small gifts). You'll never guess what my gift was....well, you probably have. Yes it was the Sweetheart!!! :party: It seems that my husband, being the wonderful person that he is decided that as my Epiphany gift he would get me that Sweetheart whistle that I'd been obsessing over. He emailed the person who emailed me, and the two of them hammered out the details unbeknownst to me (Fran, you are a sly one!!! :lol: ) to get it here by today. I cannot tell you how excited I am!!! It sounds so wonderful; so warm and just WOODY. I love the sound of a wood whistle...this may take my WhOA into a whole other dimension. :D I can't wait to play a few more tunes on it. I have a new Sweetheart, and my husband doesn't even mind! He's the one who got it for me! :lol:
Thank you, Fran, if you are reading this! I was very surprised and I'm grateful for your participation in this.
Happy Epiphany everyone!! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
aderyn_du
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by aderyn_du »

Congratulations on your new Sweetheart, izz-- I hope the two of you will have many happy moments together, filled with music and joy. ;)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

aderyn_du wrote:Congratulations on your new Sweetheart, izz-- I hope the two of you will have many happy moments together, filled with music and joy. ;)
Thank you ad! I'm sure that we will! :)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Congratulations, Izz. Sounds like you've got a good whistle and a great husband. :) Little acts of kindness like that make marriages stronger. But, I bet you already knew that. :wink:

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Congrats! :party: :thumbsup: :party:

So what model is it? (I know that you don't want to discuss the details of your new Sweetheart in public, but c'mon...)
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Darwin wrote:So what model is it? (I know that you don't want to discuss the details of your new Sweetheart in public, but c'mon...)
You're right...telling all the details of a Sweetheart may not always be the best policy.But in this case, I think a few allotments are allowed :wink: My new Sweetheart is a Dymondwood High D. It sounds fabulous! The person who purchased it picked it out by hand at Ralph's workshop, and even had Ralph play it for her. She just didn't have time to play, and when she did, she seemed to migrate more toward her Burke. I'm so glad that she gave me the opportunity to buy it a month or so ago, or else I wouldn't have it today! I've been playing it all day...I feel like a kid at Christmas! ;)
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Izzarina,

Congratulations on your new whistle. I have never played a Sweetheart but it sounds like you are really really happy with it so Good for you!!! :D

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Izzy, I really hope you enjoy your second sweetheart, but not at the expense of your TRUE sweetheart! :D

Wooden whistles truely do have a wonderful sound. All but three of my whistles are wooden.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Congrats on your new "sweetie", izzy. A Recor ... well, that "other" instrument for Christmas and a Sweetheart for Epiphany? I think your real sweetheart is going to spoil you. 8) Wonder what he has planned for Valentine's Day?

~Judy
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

IDAwHOa wrote:Izzy, I really hope you enjoy your second sweetheart, but not at the expense of your TRUE sweetheart! :D
Ummm....well, I'm TRYING not to do this! :lol: Who is it that has that signature line "Just one more tune and then I'll come to bed" or something like that? I can relate to that! :D
Wooden whistles truely do have a wonderful sound. All but three of my whistles are wooden.
I think my wanting to have one was spurred very much by your recommendations. So thank you, Steven :)
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

izzarina wrote:
IDAwHOa wrote: Wooden whistles truely do have a wonderful sound. All but three of my whistles are wooden.
I think my wanting to have one was spurred very much by your recommendations. So thank you, Steven :)
Aww, gee, thanks. Actually I remember I have a couple of other metal ones too. Moving is such a pain, you forget about everything.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus