Our band is opening for Gaelic Storm, 2/26/05!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DRC
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Our band is opening for Gaelic Storm, 2/26/05!

Post by DRC »

Well, after all the hard work, dedication, club gigs, weddings, parties, and lots 'o pints 'o Guinness every Thursday night (session night) at the local Irish pub, our band, SlipJig, has been asked to open for Gaelic Storm at WorkPlay in Birmingham, AL on Feb 26, 2005. Wow! We've only been together about a year, so this is quite a break for us, and we're all ecstatic to say the least! We're all fans of GS and it'll be fantastic to be able to share an evening with them. Tickets go on sale Jan 1 and are expected to go fast, so if you're in or near the Birmingham area, please get your ticket(s) and join us for a great evening of Celtic music...and support your fellow C&Fers. If you come, please say hello after the concert.

Hope to see some C&Fers there!
DRC (Denny Cannon)
SlipJig Celtic Band

WorkPlay venue: www.workplay.com
Gaelic Storm: www.gaelicstorm.com
SlipJig: www.slipjigband.com
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Congrats. I really want top see GS live but I live in NJ and won't be able to make it. Good luck.
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

Dude, that is AWESOME! Congrats! :thumbsup: Like Unseen122, I'll not be able to be there (as I reside in VA), but rock the house! Give us an update once the euphoria wears off in February (or will it last into March? :lol: )!
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Wow. Very cool. They always draw a crowd.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Joe_Atlanta

Post by Joe_Atlanta »

Congrats Denny. It's great your band is being recognised and that ya'll get to do the gig. The extra adrenaline from stepping onto a big stage and the energy from a big crowd can make for a memorable experience.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Congrats! That's way cool!
Seth

Post by Seth »

That's Awsome,

You're really going to enjoy the show. They are all awesome and quite friendly people. My band got to play with them in Minnesota last year. It's definately a fun time. Good luck with the show.

Seth
DRC

Post by DRC »

Hey, thanks for the replies and support. We're really looking forward to this, and hoping to tip some pints with them after the show. :boggle:

DRC
MsC

Post by MsC »

Sounds like a great opportunity for SlipJig. Let's hope this is the first of many such gigs.