Battlefield Band?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kardshark87
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kardshark87 »

Hello All,
Does anybody know anything about the Battlefield Band? I just found out that they were going to be in Tulsa in April. I don't know if I would like them though...So if anyone could tell me if they're good, what they sound like, etc. I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Brent
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Brent, they're a top Scottish band, been going for decades, with many changes of line-up. The instrumental leads are usually fiddle and highland bagpipes, with whistle and maybe flute, and they're usually pretty hot.

I haven't heard or seen them since the line-up with fiddler JohnMcCusker and piper Iain? Macdonald. In concert they were tremendously exciting - absolute dynamite. I must say I found the songs rather mawkish and drippy, though. Anyone seen them more recently?
Ron Rowe

Post by Ron Rowe »

Saw them last summer, they are very good, the piping and whistle playing are top notch.
IF you do a search for them at amazon.com you can here some clips of their tunes and decide for yourself
Goldie

Post by Goldie »

This is Brigitte here. Have a look in there website and if you win a ticket for their concert then you have one more worry less holding you off from going to see them :wink:http://www.battlefieldband.co.uk/
Sara

Post by Sara »

I've never heard of them before but they sound cool - especially if they play the bagpipes and whistle! I'll have to check out their website. Wonder if they're coming to Texas anytime soon?

Imagine peace,
Sara
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

I have several of their CDs and they are consistently wonderful!
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Check out "The Last Trip Home" on the CD Leaving Friday Harbor. It is the absolute best! I plan to paint this soon.
nickt

Post by nickt »

I saw them in Melbourne, Australia in 1990 - absolutely fantastic!
Redding

Post by Redding »

Brent:

I first heard Battlefield Band in 1985. At that time, Dougie Pincock played whistle/flute/pipes for the band, and inspired me to buy my first tin whistle.

If you like the Cheiftains or Planxty, you'll like them.

Judith Redding