Inverse Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Koss
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Inverse Whistle

Post by Koss »

Hi !
I rebuilt my Gen F by sticking the mouthpiece to the lower end of the whistle tube.
Now it sounds like an E minor whistle beeing played in a toilet bowl - but brilliant !!

Any other experience with this kind of whistle tuning ?

:party:
vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

I bet you could get someone to build you a tube in a minor key without too much trouble.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I just sent a low whistle to someone. I sent it in two pieces. I was wondering if it would be difficult to tell if it was put together with the tone hole tube upside down....

No problem. Sounded kinda snake charmerish, according to my wife. I made a little scale clip. If I can get it converted to mp3 I will try to find someone to host it.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
waitingame

Post by waitingame »

vomitbunny wrote:I bet you could get someone to build you a tube in a minor key without too much trouble.
Daniel Bingamon would be your man.
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

I wouldn't have come up with it myself. But one of the students in my summer music camp class did. For those "sparklers" (the hyper kids with all kinds of energy they have a hard time channeling appropriately), we had commercial breaks during whistle class in which we featured "alternate musical and non-musical uses for the tinwhistle." One of those kids must have come up with forty variations, all of them brilliant!

It's a good way to confuse everyone, anyhow. :)

Jennie
Daniel_Bingamon

Post by Daniel_Bingamon »

I've made minor key whistles before. One time I shipped a whistle and someone reported that the notes were not playing correctly and turned out the the tonebody was reversed just as you mentioned.

Hmmm, I wonder what a new person might do if the holes were on the bottom side of the whistle.
Email - YouTube - Ebay - Website $28 Low-D
waitingame

Post by waitingame »

Daniel_Bingamon wrote: Hmmm, I wonder what a new person might do if the holes were on the bottom side of the whistle.
I've got that whistle!!