OT - Dirty Laundry... got any?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

OT - Dirty Laundry... got any?

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Things are getting persnickety around here. Let's try and decompress. After all, we are the calm and sensible one's on C&F. :roll:

So if anybody has a grudge over a bad flute deal, your PVC is poisonous or your tonewoods have fungus, air out your dirty laundry here.

My dirty laundry is Tipple flutes. Nothing personal against you or your product, Doug. I'm happy for you that folks are exciteded about your flutes. It's just like when you hear a good song on the radio and then the station plays it 100 times a day and then it seems like everybody around you is humming that song... That's all.

Next?

Cheers,
Aaron
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

My dirty laundry: I don't have a flute, and listening to all you people wax poetic about them really makes me angry. Didn't your teachers explain that you shouldn't eat candy in class unless you bring enough for everyone? :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
artsohio
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Far enough north to get the new "Dr. Who" on the CBC!

Post by artsohio »

jsluder wrote:My dirty laundry: I don't have a flute, and listening to all you people wax poetic about them really makes me angry.
You can always pick up a Tipple. $50 and they're wonderful!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :devil:

I haven't been here long enough to be privy to infighting and feuds, but my personal irk (totally out of line with the intent of this thread) is that my avatar looks androgenous. I'm a woman, daggone it, and I have wants and needs!

Wow, sorry again. So that's it. An androgenous userpic. Every other picture I could find of myself made me look drunk.

-Janet

[edited to fix an html flub]
"Colors changing with the keys, uneven timbre, even defects in intonation were elements of instrumental playing... Lover's eyes change into virtues the beloved's defects."

-Michel Debost, "The Simple Flute"
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

I knew you were a lady...... and a very nice lady to boot :)
sturob
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by sturob »

I think we all need a Binkie Break. Or something.

And we seem to have more skeletons than dirty laundry.

I'm cool. I'm completely decompressed about any negative feelings I may or may not once had about another denizen.

:)

Stuart
benwalker

Post by benwalker »

Binkie Break??? Whassatthen?
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I grew up in a household with a perfectionistic, obsessive compulsive parent, and my life as an adult has been to rebel against the conditions of my childhood. A little bit of disorder and chaos are refreshing to me. With regard to C & F, I don’t think that the threads need to be “pure”, void of any tangential meanderings that often lead to interesting places that you wouldn’t have otherwise guessed. I have learned a lot from such threads. And there is often a lot of humor involved, which I appreciate. I don’t much care for hostile comments, but I can overlook that. I do have some problems, however, with people that remind me of my parent, who themselves have control issues and are admonishing me to stay focused and on task. The freedom to step off the path and investigate something corollary is important. :pint:

Happy fluting!
michael_coleman
Tell us something.: I play the first flute Jon Cochran ever made but haven't been very active on the board the last 9-10 years. Life happens I guess...I owned a keyed M&E flute for a while and I kind of miss it.

Post by michael_coleman »

I hate myself and my flute playing...And I want to hand up my dirty underwear outside...is that airing out the dirty laundry enough...

:lol:
Julia C

Post by Julia C »

My dirty laundry is that my neighbours hate my flute playing, think I am a terrible flute player, hate all my tunes, are bored of all my tunes, spot every mistake and hate ITM and think I am doing it to torture their dog and that they beat their children in frustration cos I won't stop playing A STOR MA CHROI till I get it right which will be never because I'm too paranoid about my neighbours listening to me practice :swear: :swear:

Hey I feel a heap better - this thread was a great idea! :party:

Julia C
I.D.10-t

I hate

Post by I.D.10-t »

I hate it when I spend time to think of the perfect comment and end up being the last person to post on a thread.

Are there statistics on who kills the most threads?
eilam

Post by eilam »

I do.
Dana

Post by Dana »

eilam wrote:I do.
Not this time! :twisted:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Dirty laundry?

This one time, at flute camp...
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I've been known to play tunes from sheet music. Tunes that I've never heard before. And I like it and sometimes even sound good.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Lambchop

Re: I hate

Post by Lambchop »

Hate is too strong a word. Sorry. I lost control of myself.

I dislike the unapproachibility and stuffiness of this forum, if it weren't for which I'd be asking inane beginner questions, and it irks me that I'm too wuss to ask them anyway.
Last edited by Lambchop on Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.