Article and mp3 about my band

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Article and mp3 about my band

Post by Henke »

Hi guys. Here is an article about my band if anyone is interested. It's only available in Swedish tough so the only thing for you non Swedes there is an mp3 at the bottom of the page. There is a link that says: Klicka Här, that's the one. The tune is a reel written by me (Henrik Johansson) and our accordionist Markus Räsänen. The recording is not perfect, we only had about 4 hours to record and sound mix, and for us amatures, that is not enough.
Here is the link: http://www.ekuriren.se/sjudagar/artikel ... ning_2=147
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Congratulations! That's cool to get that kind of publicity. Being at work, I'll have to wait to tonight to listen to the MP3, though.

Eric
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Great! You guys sound very tight! 8)
So when are you going to cut your first CD?
Good work!
Jon
Henke

Post by Henke »

Thanks Jon and Eric.

Jon, I'd like to record a cd as soon as possible but it would take time and cost money. Hopefully in a year or so we will have a full lenght cd out. So far we have recorded 5 tunes all in all but this one is the only one of acceptable quality.
ojvoj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ojvoj »

Hej Henke,
Grattis till bra recention. Ljudprovet låter bra, men lägg fram whistle och dra ner basen på dragspelet (eller ta bort helt) så får ni ett luftigare och klarare sound. Gitarren och dragspelsbasen slåss om samma utrymme.
Par Kristoffersson
Sweden
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
DanTheWhistleMan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DanTheWhistleMan »

Finfint! :) och vilken recension!

Har ni spelat in något med Paddys Fancy?

Lycka till!
Daniel
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Henke - I finally had time to download the MP3 (I'm on 56K dial up so it took a bit). You guys sound great! Now don't let the fame go to your heads...remember what happened to the English Beat.

Eric
Henke

Post by Henke »

Tack för tipset Par. Nu när du säger det så hör jag nog det också. Vi håller fortfarande på att prova ut sådana saker. Jag ska ta upp det med grabbarna :)
Tack Daniel. Vi har spelat in en (12 låtars!!) demo med PF men det var toklänge sen. Både spelmässigt och i ljudkvalite är den totalt kass :D Synd att det inte blev nått lirande i sommras :cry: (för att vara helt ärlig har inte min relation till fiol tjejen varit den bästa heller under sommarn pga. tidigare strul så det var problem :D men det är bättre nu)

And thanks Eric, I'm glad you liked it... And I won't ever have a chance to become an arrogant diva when people makes me listen to my own emergency recordings over and over again, so don't you worry :lol:
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

.... Or as we say in Kentucky,

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Put me on the list for your CD. And congratulations, Henke! Great stuff, and great fun!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.