Chieftain High G

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MHP
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chieftain High G

Post by MHP »

I just bought a high G Chieftain whistle on ebay. I cant find it on their website and according to C & F only generations makes that key. Can someone help me???

Thanks

Marcus
Denmark
glauber

Post by glauber »

If you already bought it, it's too late, :) but you could email Phil Hardy. His Web site gives the email addresses "support at kerrywhistles dot com" and "info at kerrywhistles dot com".

http://www.kerrywhistles.com/
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Can you post a link to the auction? Curiosity is horrible.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

I don't think Phil has ever made a high G.....post a pic or give a good description.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
trisha

Post by trisha »

There are lots of mistakes on ebay over keys...I bought an E which was a D (but I knew the maker didn't make an E), there's a compulsive lister of Gen B# whistles, etc etc.

So, I suppose this could be any high key or a special. It won't be an alto G as it says it fits in a pocket.....unless he has biiig pockets :)

There isn't a pic on the listing Steven. Only Stacey makes high G's other than Gens over here AFAIK.

Trisha
MHP

Post by MHP »

I have already recieved it, but havent got a photo yet.....but its a short metal whistle with a G written below the first hole. Its looks just like the Chieftain/Overton whistles on their websites...

Marcus HP
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

MHP wrote:I have already recieved it, but havent got a photo yet.....but its a short metal whistle with a G written below the first hole. Its looks just like the Chieftain/Overton whistles on their websites...

Marcus HP
How long is it. That should be an indication of key as well.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
KDMARTINKY

Post by KDMARTINKY »

Wow...via your description it does sound like a aluminum Chieftian in the key of G.

Next step: Go to the possible source. Email Phil and see if he has made any high G's.

I have never seen one, but would love to hear its high pitch. Good Luck and be cautious when making eBay purchases. I don't beleive that people mean to deceive.....sometimes they honestly don't have a clue what they have.
Keith

Bionn dha insint ar sceal agus leagon deag ar amhran
There are two versions of every story and twelve of every song
Claus von Weiss

Post by Claus von Weiss »

Actually I do own a Chieftain High G, I purchased it being a complete newbie then from Hobgoblin three years ago. It's by all means the most unplayable whistle I do own (and that means a thing! :roll: ). I sent it back to Phil, hoping then, he could make something of it - he returned it with the note, that it would need a lot of practice to play it. :really:

I then gave it to a few players who had several years more of practice than I had, they all agreed, it was just crap and rather painful to the ear. Sorry Marcus! :sniffle: But maybe you're a very, very lucky guy ... Anyway, I can confirm, these beasts do exist.

If you're looking for really beautiful High Gs, why not try the Weasel, Parkhurst or Silkstone. All three of them make excellent ones. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Claus
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Uh....are they offering to transport a high G chieftain out of Nigeria and just need a credit card or pay pal account?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
MHP

Post by MHP »

I got a mail from Phil, they did make a few High G's sometime ago but stopped the model since it didnt play very well in the high reg.

I played mine a couple of days and actually its ok, its true its not very good in the high reg (above the octave A) but in low reg its sound quite nice.

Marcus HP
Denmark