6/11/04 RoseInHeather, JohnnyCope, JanSnows, Emily'sReel

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

6/11/04 RoseInHeather, JohnnyCope, JanSnows, Emily'sReel

Post by TonyHiggins »

6/11/04 Tuaz sends in: "I promised someone on the C&F Board that I would post some clips so he could compare the differences between the Generation and a Hoover whitecap. I recorded on a dinky mike using the modest Creative Sound Recorder and CDex (for conversion to mp3). Whitecap is on a Generation brass D tube. Generation redtop is on a Feadog Mark2 brass D tube. Tunes: 1. "Rose in the Heather" (Whitecap, then Generation) 2. the first part only, of the multi-part "Johnny Cope"-hornpipe- (Whitecap played first, then the Gen) [learned this off the Stevie J Transcriptions webpage] [#1 and #2 were recorded with the whistles played abt 1 foot away from mike, and my floor fan was turned off) 3. "January Snows"-slow air-(learned this off the Lunasa Otherworld album) (WC, then Gen) [#3 was recorded with the whistles played abt 3 feet away with the fan turned on: I got hot and lazy, and started slouching back in my chair. That's why the whistles sound rougher and more distant for this tune.]

James Peeples sends: "This tune--Emily's Reel--recently came up on the flute board, prompting me to pick this tune up again and polish it up. I learned this from the playing of Seamus Egan on the MadForTrad tutorial. This is on the Syn aluminum D whistle." (Currently, there's a snag with the link. When James gets back to me, I'll have it fixed.-Tony)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
tuaz

Post by tuaz »

Clarification:

For Rose in the Heather, it's the Gen red top first, then the Whitecap.